Connection Between RANDAZZO and MIANO Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Stephie0816

Connection Between RANDAZZO and MIANO Families

Postby Stephie0816 » 15 Jan 2009, 20:20

I am looking for a possible connection between the family of my late grandfather Joseph RANDAZZO from Middletown, CT and the MIANO family, also from the Middletown, CT area. I asked my mother if she knew how the two families were related, and she wasn't sure, all she knew is that they were "cousins." My grandfather's parents were Emanuele RANDAZZO and Rosina LA ROSA, and both families originated in Siracusa; the RANDAZZOs from the Canicattini Bagni area, and the LA ROSAs possibly from Melilli. Does anyone know anything about this "cousin connection", or any other way the two families could be related?? I have found all the surnames in census records, but could not establish a relationship. Thank you! :D

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Connection Between RANDAZZO and MIANO Families

Postby wldspirit » 15 Jan 2009, 21:36

Have you explored ship manifest for clues? Sometimes notations are made as to "joining an Uncle, Aunt, ect.,...also obituaries may yield further clues as to the family dynamics. I have also seen family listed in Naturalization records.
Otherwise, only thru Italian records can you discover the connection......just my opinion. :wink:
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Connection Between RANDAZZO and MIANO Families

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Jan 2009, 23:17

The two towns may be reviewed for possible birth.marriage or deaths involving both surnames in the microfilms for the civil records of both towns which are comunes but your choice of words indicating that both families may be from those towns makes me hesitate to advise renting out the civl records microfilms for those towns. Should you like to proceed inm this research then go to your nearest family history library at www.familysearch.org for location nearest your home. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”