Giambarresi from Riesi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Giambarresi from Riesi

Postby jennci » 19 Jan 2009, 01:03

I'm back again, after alot of research and a better understanding of trying to understand and organize all the info. I find. BUT I'm really confused right now and could use some advice.......Okay here goes

Concetta Giambarresi (my great grandmother) from Riesi, born 7-26-1889
came to US 3-24-1916.

Traveling with 3 of her children

Going to her husband Giuseppe Giuliano (my Great Grandfather)
Going to 424 Hanover St. Boston

Okay my question is I have gathered a TON of info on the Giambarresi last name (also mis-spelled names)

I have found that well over 100 people list Hanover St. as the addy. going to. (maybe hotel???) Giambarresi and MANY other names.

It's so confusing because names are repeated so often in 1 family.

HOW do I figure out who is who and put the actual families together? :?

I put everybody on index cards, but still cannot seem to get it done??

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Giambarresi from Riesi

Postby wldspirit » 19 Jan 2009, 04:20

I find the easiest method is a family group sheet in addition to the index cards.
This way I can cross reference information easily.
There are a number of them readily available on the internet, I went thru them till I found one which suited my needs.
Just type the term in a search engine such as yahoo or google and hit the search button.
Does this help?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jennci » 19 Jan 2009, 15:42

Oh okay great, I found one on ancestry.com But my problem is I don't know who is who. It seems that most said they were leaving a brother, sister,aunt etc. I think only two records actually mention a parents name. I'm going over to the family research center tomorrow to review other films. I guess I'll place an order for these ones too.

Thanks Again,
Jenn

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 19 Jan 2009, 16:21

Hi Jenn,

The information you have gathered, is it all ships manifests? If you have information from LDS films like birth acts or marriages they will state the person, month/day/year, ages, parents etc.

If you have some of these documents you may want to post them on the translation forum and someone will be able to give you the names of parents, siblings etc. Which should enable you to put the people with the correct families.

Let us know specifically what information you have........manifests, census, records from lds films etc. This might help so forum members can give you some help.

Take care,
Elizabeth

jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jennci » 20 Jan 2009, 00:20

Hi Elizabeth,
All the info. I have I got off of Ancestry, Foot Note, etc. But I am ordering the films I need, I should have just done it already instead of going crazy with this! I do have a question though, why would so many families use the same address of where they were going???

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 20 Jan 2009, 03:31

Alot of the places were boarding houses or apartment (type) lodgings.

When my grandfather came there were 23 other people listed at his address and when I looked at the census records I realized why.....it was a boarding house.

Good luck with the films and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”