Consorti or Consorte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jose_Consorte

Consorti or Consorte

Postby Jose_Consorte » 19 Jan 2009, 06:41

Dear all,

I would like to search informations about my italian family "Consorti or Consorte"related to my grand-grandfather "Antonio Consorte" he immigrated to Brazil from Genova- Italy on early 1888.
From Treviso province , Genova harbor to Santos-SP harbor Brazil , arrival date in Brzil around 3/1/1888

This records I got at Sao Paulo Italian immigration hostel. No additional records is given.

ANTONIO CONSORTE (HUSBAND) ARRIVAL 3/1/1888 ITALIAN
MARIA - WIFE
ANNA - DAUGHTER
DOMENICO - SON
FRANCESCO
GIUSEPPE
LUCIA
MARIA -
OLIVO -
OSVALDO -

To be honest, I'm not looking for Italian citizenship. I'm looking for my family root identity! That's I'm looking for.
I have no idea how to proceed on this search. However, I hope someone on this site to give tips or any information.

My best regards,

Jose

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Consorti or Consorte

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Jan 2009, 07:20

The best way to find the town of origin in Italy for your family and obtain further records you can write to the ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI TREVISO,Ufficio Militare ,Via Pietro Di Dante 11, 31100, Treviso, Veneto Italy and request the conscription records for Antonio Consorte or consorti giving his birth year or as close as you can approximate if you do not know the year.

Send this in a form letter in Italian language which you can obtain at www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”