LOOKING FOR SURNAME "SPINOLA" OR " ESPINOLA&a

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jr1964

LOOKING FOR SURNAME "SPINOLA" OR " ESPINOLA&a

Post by jr1964 »

I'M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON SPINOLA OR ESPINOLA SURNAME, MIGRATED FROM GENOVA, ITALY, YEAR I'M NOT SURE, TO AZORES ISLANDS, PORTUGAL. MY GRANDMOTHER WAS MARIA EDVIGES ESPINOLA, AND HER FATHER WAS ALFREDO DA SILVA ESPINOLA, IF ANY INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL ME AT JCUNHANEP@AOL.COM, OR JUST POST IT.

THANKS
JIM
I'M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON SPINOLA OR ESPINOLA SURNAME, MIGRATED FROM, GENOVA, ITALY, YEAR I'M NOT SURE, TO AZORES ISLANDS, PORTUGAL, MY GMOTHER WAS MARIA EDVIGES ESPINOLA AND HER FATHER WAS ALFREDO DA SILVA ESPINOLA.
THANKS
JIM
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy all records are in the city town or village opf origin AND NO WHERE ELSE. Further civil records only go back to either 1872 or in other places 1809 but since you don;t know the town and don't know the dates then this is what I would do. There are 19 poersons in the province of Genova with the surname Spinola ( an italian surname). 11 of those 19 are in the city of Genova and 7 are in the villages and towns in the province of Genova. There are in addition6 more persons in the province of Savona which is in the same region as Genova with the surname Spinola. If you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert SPINOLA in the first line and GE in the third line a lsiting will come up of the entire 19 poersons surnamed Spinola with their address and telephone number. If you do not recognize any names then I would write one letter (1) and send a copy to each of the 19 in the province of Genova and ask them if they are related to your family and whether they know anything about your family. Do the same for teh 6 persons in the province of Savona. Include a self addresed envelope with a euro inside for stamps to encourage a repy.

Thi is the best thing to do in the short term and without researching genealogy and investing much time and effort., if youi want to do research then go to the nearest Fam,ily History Library of the Mormon church and rent out the microfilm for the city og Genova and for EACH town or village in the province of Genova and look up the families back to whenever the records started which is mostlikely not before 1800. The church records are the only other place for record searching back to the 1700's. But you have to find the right church?? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Espinola is not an italian surname but there are 3 in the city of Torino and if you go to the same website I gave yiou you can look them up and write to them if you wish. Peter
regina
Rookie
Rookie

Re: LOOKING FOR SURNAME "SPINOLA" OR " ESPINO

Post by regina »

jr1964 wrote:I'M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON SPINOLA OR ESPINOLA SURNAME, MIGRATED FROM GENOVA, ITALY, YEAR I'M NOT SURE, TO AZORES ISLANDS, PORTUGAL.
Do you have a general idea of when your family emigrated from Italy to the Azores?

The Spinola are an ancient and noble Genoese family whose connections to Spain and Portugal go back centuries. If your family emigrated from Genoa centuries ago, then I suggest that you search for historical texts or compiled genealogies -- these often exist for noble families.

One such book is "Istoria della famiglia Spinola : descritta dalla sua origine fino al secolo XVI" (History of the Spinola family from its origin to the end of the 16th century) written by Massimiliano Deza and originally published in 1694. This book is available on microfilm through Family History Centers worldwide.

Family History Centers: Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Home/FA ... aq_fhc.asp

Family History Library Catalog
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

If your family did not leave Italy until the 19th or 20th centuries, I have other research suggestions I'd be happy to give you.

Regards,
Regina
Northern Italy Genealogy Discussion List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ItalyNW/
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Regina even I can learn something!! Good show old girl. Peter
jr1964

looking for surname "espinola" or "espinola&q

Post by jr1964 »

I dn't know when they mirgated to the Azores, Portugal, i working on family tree and doing research and the book i was reading mentioned that spinola was from Genova, Italy. So it's like a needle in the haystack, is it possible that migrated around time christopher columbus was sailing around the world i know that his sister inlaw married a fellow named Pedro Correia Da Cunha.

jim
I'M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON SPINOLA OR ESPINOLA SURNAME, MIGRATED FROM, GENOVA, ITALY, YEAR I'M NOT SURE, TO AZORES ISLANDS, PORTUGAL, MY GMOTHER WAS MARIA EDVIGES ESPINOLA AND HER FATHER WAS ALFREDO DA SILVA ESPINOLA.
THANKS
JIM
GESPINOLA1

Re: LOOKING FOR SURNAME "SPINOLA" OR " ESPINOLA&a

Post by GESPINOLA1 »

Here you have some information regarding the Espinolas/Spinolas:

https://spinolahistory.wordpress.com/

Also, According to the Argentinean Author of the book "The Dogs of the Paradise" (Original title: Perros del Paraiso), Abel Posse, The House of Spinolas was based in Genova, Italy. They were very influent in politics and had one of the main shipyards in Europe where Columbus had its first job....