Looking for two sisters Paulina and Ressina Losasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cltaszek

Looking for two sisters Paulina and Ressina Losasso

Postby cltaszek » 25 Jan 2009, 04:56

Hello, I am looking for two sisters they arrived in the United States on July 16, 1886 with their mother (I have found info on the mother) but have been unable to find any thing on them...now it may be possible they went back to Italy with their father -- don't know...their names were Paulina born around 1881 and Ressina born around 1883. The last name on the New York passenger list -1820-1957....was Losasso.

Any information would be appreciated
Thank you

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Looking for two sisters Paulina and Ressina Losasso

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Jan 2009, 05:42

Hi cltaszek and welcome to the forum. Here is the information from Castle Garden....

Vincenza Losasso Housekeeper 26 F 16 Jul 1886 Italy Archimedes
Paolina Losasso Child, Youngster 5 F 16 Jul 1886 Italy Archimedes
Rosina Losasso Child, Youngster 3 F 16 Jul 1886 Italy Archimedes

Destination code for all three 7788

Do you know if Losasso was the surname of Vincenza's husband or was his surname something different? If different can you give his full? If his surname was Losasso can you give us Vincenza's surname?

What information do you have for Vincenza (census, birth record, death record etc.)

Where did Vincenza end up (what city and state)?

If you can provide a little more information it might help other forum members in assisting you with your search for Paolina and Rosina.

Thanks and we'll wait for your responses.

Elizabeth

cltaszek

Postby cltaszek » 25 Jan 2009, 06:37

Thank you Elizabeth for replying

Vincenza was my great grandmother....she married my Great Grandfather in 1890. I have all the census info on her and my Great Grandfather and their children together....I am trying to find out what happened from when she came to the States in 1886 till 1890. I have all ways been told that her surname was LoSasso. But now I don't know...there is no one alive to ask. My Great Grandparents lived in Colorado....two of their children were born in Hastings, Colorado. She died in 1934 in Welby/Adams County Colorado. From my info I have that Vincenza parents were Domenico Antonia LoSasso and Lucia Arcieri.
I would really like to find out what happened to her two daughters. I did find that she did divorce in 1890 only name reference to her 1st husband was Nicco plus he never showed up for the hearing....and the divorce was granted....that is all I know....I have been working on this family for over a year and just now I find she was married before and had two daughters.
Any help with this I would appreciate

Thank you

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Jan 2009, 14:48

Hi

Was Nicco his first name or his surname? Do you know the name of the town that Vincenza came from in Italy?

I'm thinking you might be able to write to the records office of the town and request a certificate of the family which would (should) give you any information about the girls (especially if they returned to italy and lived with their father).

Thanks
Elizabeth

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Jan 2009, 17:25

You may wish to write to the Comune Ufficio di Anagrafe (census office) to inquire if the girls returned to their residence there in the Comune.

Since the family left Italy after about 1880 and their last place of residence is known (the uSA), it is recommended that you also write to that same office and request a Certificato di Stato di Famiglia (family certificate showing date and place of birth of each family member).

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

=Peter=
~Peter~

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 25 Jan 2009, 19:00

Hi,

this is just a little clue...

From the (subscription) site Ancestry.com this is the image of Vincenza, Paolina and Rosina's arrival in 1886...
It lists they were coming from the town of Padula...

[img=http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7563/losassovincenza1886arrihm7.th.jpg]

I think it's possible they were coming from a town (Comune) called Padula in Campania Region, Salerno Province but, these are the "Padula" Hamlets in italy:

Padula ( Abruzzo, Teramo, Cortino )
Padula ( Calabria, Cosenza, San Pietro in Guarano )
Padula ( Campania, Salerno, Serre )
Padula ( Toscana, Livorno, Livorno )

maybe a search on the last name might help to understand from which "Padula" they were from... :?

Laura

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Jan 2009, 22:06

Thanks for the manifest Laura. I believe it would be Padula Cosenza. Check the manifest and right above Padula I'm pretty sure it says Cosenza. What do you think?

cltaszek

Postby cltaszek » 26 Jan 2009, 02:58

Thank you all for the infomation...I really appreciate it.

Elizabeth, I don't know for sure but I think Nicco was his first name, on the info I found about Vincenza's divorce. It lists her name as MRS. Vincenza Losasso......I just can't help but wonder if she was a Losasso who also married a Losasso......from my info her brother (Gerarod Losasso) grandson (Jerry Losasso) was the ring bear in my grandparents wedding. (Her 1st born son from her 2nd marriage.) My father who passed away in 1993 all ways told me we were cousins with the Jerry Losasso family and when I was young we visited them often...but he has also passed away...so there is no one to ask...

Thank you again all of you for your help.

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 26 Jan 2009, 15:07

BillieDeKid wrote:Thanks for the manifest Laura. I believe it would be Padula Cosenza. Check the manifest and right above Padula I'm pretty sure it says Cosenza. What do you think?

:?
I don't know Elizabeth, but i did a quick search on the web and found that the exact name of the hamlet Padula in the San Pietro in Guarano comune (Cosenza Province) is Padula superiore...
I think possible they were from Padula in Salerno province....

cltaszek,

the Mormons microfilmed the civil registrations for Padula Comune in Salermo Province...
The little girls were born on 1881 and 1883 (aprox.)
Maybe you might try to order this microfilm:

Nati 1869-1905
FHL INTL
Film 2015934

and if my deductions are right (I hope :D ) you might find the two child's birth acts who list their parent's names....

If you're not familiar with the family History center Elizabeth can tell you how to do, as I'm italian and I have never been in a Center....

Good luck!
Laura

cltaszek

Postby cltaszek » 27 Jan 2009, 03:33

Thanks Laura, yes I am familiar with FHL Center...I have two microfilms there now that I am looking at ... they are both from Grimaldi Italy...I'll be there again on Thursday so I will have them order the film that you have suggested....I sure hope it has the two Losasso sisters on it...how wonderful would that be! Thank you!

Also thank you to all who have helped me with this....I really appreciate it!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”