need help finding birthplace for gg-grandmother Radice

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
HNMontano

need help finding birthplace for gg-grandmother Radice

Postby HNMontano » 25 Jan 2009, 21:27

Hi there,

I am relatively new to researching my family in Italy and I'm looking for a little guidance, please.

I do know that my Montano family came to the US from San Fele, PZ. I found my gg-grandfather's civil registration birth record on an LDS film from 1857. I attempted to find my gg-grandmother's birth record on the 1860 San Fele film, but it was not there. I have her birthdate but do not know where she was born. I also know the birth dates of their 5 children who immigrated with them, and that they were also born in San Fele. I suspect there were 6 or 7 children who died before they immigrated, based on information found in the 1910 census.

My question is, how can I find the marriage record for my gg-grandparents, and the birth record/birthplace for my gg-grandmother? Would it be worthwhile to request a stato di famiglia storico? I requested information on one from the Anagrafe (in hindsight maybe I should have written to the Stato Civile?) nearly 3 months ago, and still no word. Would that include information on the 7 other children, even though I do not know their names? Should I pursue the stato di famiglia storico or try to find extracts for my gg-grandmother some other way? Should I try the neighboring towns?

Please help...
Thanks!
Heather

HNMontano

Re: need help finding birthplace for gg-grandmother Radice

Postby HNMontano » 26 Jan 2009, 16:01

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question... I am just not sure how to go about getting this information.

If I write to San Fele will they be able to provide any information on her if she wasn't born there? She did live there for some time... Is the only way to find out to ask for a family certificate?

Amand!!

Re: need help finding birthplace for gg-grandmother Radice

Postby Amand!! » 20 Jan 2011, 02:44

Are you still interested in finding birth certificates, etc in Sanfele Italy? I have a contact in Italy who does my 'letter writing' for me. He requests the information from the civil or state for birth certificates. He has found amazing things for me, please let me know if you want me to forward his info.
BTW, I am of Radice's from San Fele also. My whole family landed in NY, but almost immediately went to Washington DC and stayed there for the rest of their lives. Would be interesting to know if we are (distantly) related!
~Amanda

Return to “Italian Genealogy”