Searching for info on the surname ACQUAVIVA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sun

Searching for info on the surname ACQUAVIVA

Postby Sun » 07 Oct 2003, 05:46

My last name is Acquaviva, my father is in his late 70's and we are searching for any information on his family. He remembers that his family is from Foggia Italy. His fathers name was Gaetano. My father has lived in Boston since he was born but his mother and father and other siblings were born in Italy. Any info on this name would be greatly appreciated.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 07 Oct 2003, 14:16

If you know for certain the family came from the city of Foggia then there is no problem in searching out the records but usually when people give the place of origin they give the provincial capital as their origin rather than the town or village in the province of Foggia and that is where all records are located for that person. so if you go to www.ellisisland,org and do not find your amily entering the USA as immigrants at NYC then you gave to go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file it h NARA (USA archives) in Waltham which has jurisdiction over Boston arrivalsinto the USA. Once you have the town of origin then everything is open to you. Once the town is known you can go to Mormon Library Family History Library and go thru their microfilm for your family back to 1809 or you can write for documents. Please let me know. Peter

tuscangirl62

Re: Searching for info on the surname ACQUAVIVA

Postby tuscangirl62 » 23 Aug 2004, 23:56

What are you fathers parents names? My great, great, great grand mothers name was Carmela Acquaviva from Orsara Di Puglia, Foggia, Italy. I have traced some records farther back from her including brothers and sisters. Let me know the names and maybe I can give you a place to start.

Tuscangirl

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 24 Aug 2004, 00:06

Dear Tuscan girl she only knows that her granfathers name is Gaetano Acquaviva andapparently nothing else. Had you read my directions to her she would uncover the origins of the family. Once she knows the town she can conduct her own genealogy thru FHL and relatives there in Italy. Perhaps at that point your input would be the cherry on the cream so to speak but not now. Peter

ToniPic

Postby ToniPic » 28 Nov 2010, 21:01

Tuscan Girl & Sun - When I went to Orsara di Puglia, we met Aldo & Isabella Acquavia who owns a restaurant in the Town. We (my Dad & I) became friendly with them and their family. I have their contact information if you want it. Just let me know.
Toni Picariello
Having a whale of a time living life's ups & downs - Looking for Picariello, Ragosta, Permatteo, Martino in Italy!!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”