D'EUSTACHIO in Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brru25
Rookie
Rookie

D'EUSTACHIO in Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo

Postby brru25 » 03 Feb 2009, 16:22

My great-grand mother's (maiden) name was Anna D'Eustachio. She came to America from the town of Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo. According to a 1930 US census report (when she was married and named Anna Farias), she immigrated to America in 1925 and was born in 1903/1904. I know there are relatives that still live in Notaresco because my grand mother still writes to them. Basically I'm just looking for help in names of her relatives (parents, siblings, etc.) and possibly her NY immigration manifest. ellisisland.org only goes up to 1924 so if she indeed came over in 1925 then it wouldn't be on that website. I also tried ancestry.com but have been unsuccessful. I searched different spellings on D'Eustachio but it didn't help. Thanks ahead of time for any replies and help.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: D'EUSTACHIO in Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo

Postby PeterTimber » 03 Feb 2009, 17:52

Go to your nearest Mormon family history library (www.familysearch.org for location) and rent out the microfilm of the civil records for Notaresco from 1809 to 1900 for about $5.00. Bring along the book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by LynnNelson and a magnifying glass since the entries are handwritten and it helps to read.

Further if you wish too search for the passenger lists for arrival in NYC in 1925 then go to www.archives.gov/northeast/nyc/finding- ... lists.html

If you wish call them at 212-401-1620 and ask if there is any volunteer or intern who could help you out on the telephone. I do not know where you live. =Peter=
~Peter~

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 03 Feb 2009, 20:42

brru25 wrote:My great-grand mother's (maiden) name was Anna D'Eustachio. She came to America from the town of Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo. According to a 1930 US census report (when she was married and named Anna Farias), she immigrated to America in 1925 and was born in 1903/1904. I know there are relatives that still live in Notaresco because my grand mother still writes to them. Basically I'm just looking for help in names of her relatives (parents, siblings, etc.) and possibly her NY immigration manifest. ellisisland.org only goes up to 1924 so if she indeed came over in 1925 then it wouldn't be on that website. I also tried <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a> but have been unsuccessful. I searched different spellings on D'Eustachio but it didn't help. Thanks ahead of time for any replies and help.

Hi Brian, so you now know the right name ... well:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Anna D Eustachio
Name: Anna D Eustachio
Arrival Date: 1 Aug 1923
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
Port of Departure: Napoli
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: America
Search Ship Database: View the America in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Italy
Line: 24
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_3340
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: notaresco
Page Number: 190

mother Elisabetta in Notaresco; final destination Philadelphia, PA, joining at brother Egidio in Phila...

suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

brru25
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brru25 » 03 Feb 2009, 20:54

Incredible. I hope this is her. The dates are relatively close. Maybe this is an example of the person who recorded her information wrote down what he/she "heard". Thank you.

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 03 Feb 2009, 20:55

"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 03 Feb 2009, 21:04

Brother Egidio's 1911 ship manifest mentioned on his Petition, line 20
Name: Egidio Di Eustaechia
Arrival Date: 25 Jan 1911
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Ethnic Background: Italian (South)Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Taormina
Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Friend's Name: Eido
Last Residence: Notaresco
Birthplace: Notaresco, Italy
Nearest relative in Italy: father Orazio
Destination: Beverly NJ to join brother Lido?
Page 1
Page 2

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

brru25
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brru25 » 04 Feb 2009, 02:02

Anna was married to a man named Gabriel Farias, who was from Loreto Aprutino, Pescara, Abruzzo and immigrated to America circa 1916. He was born circa 1900 and his father's name was Raffaele with brothers Vincenzo and Antonio. His father lived in Philadelphia and his brothers had residences in both Philadelphia and Beverly, NJ. Can one of you help me find his manifest list? I've been trying for weeks and just can't seem to find it. Thanks again. Everyone who has replied has been beyond helpful.

rikkardo

Postby rikkardo » 15 Jan 2010, 21:11

brru25 wrote:My great-grand mother's (maiden) name was Anna D'Eustachio. She came to America from the town of Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo. According to a 1930 US census report (when she was married and named Anna Farias), she immigrated to America in 1925 and was born in 1903/1904. I know there are relatives that still live in Notaresco because my grand mother still writes to them. Basically I'm just looking for help in names of her relatives (parents, siblings, etc.) and possibly her NY immigration manifest. ellisisland.org only goes up to 1924 so if she indeed came over in 1925 then it wouldn't be on that website. I also tried <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a> but have been unsuccessful. I searched different spellings on D'Eustachio but it didn't help. Thanks ahead of time for any replies and help.

klps2009

Postby klps2009 » 24 Feb 2010, 16:13

Juchnowicz

Postby Juchnowicz » 24 Oct 2010, 00:47

I am sure we are related somehow. My grandfather was Amedeo D'Eustachio (went by Tom) and my mother was Elizabeth, oldest of 7. He came to Beverly, NJ somewhere a few years before 1913 when he was 16 years old as that is when my Mom was born. She passed in 2008. I remember her mentioning Anna Farias. And he was from Notaresco. I grew up in Beverly. His brother was Tony and sisters Virginia and Rose. Rose ran a childrens clothing store in Beverly when I was little. Aunt Virginia and my grandfather died in 1967. I was the youngest cousin of the brood. He married Cesira (who went by Jessie), who came here at age 13. Jean

brru25
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brru25 » 24 Oct 2010, 20:35

Hi Jean,

Yes we are related. Anna (d'Eustachio) Farias was your grandfather, Amedeo's, younger sister. My Mom (Anna's granddaughter) grew up in Riverside, right next to Beverly. According to a document I have, Amedeo was born Nov 25, 1889, which means if we he was 16 when he immigrated, then the year was probably 1906. If you would like any more information let me know.

- Brian

Juchnowicz

Postby Juchnowicz » 25 Oct 2010, 01:19

That is more than I knew then. Thanks, Brian, I was told when he came to the US it was by accident as he was to board a boat for South America where he had an uncle living, but instead took the wrong boat. I am assuming he came into port in Philadelphia but not sure. I do know also that he never went back or saw his parents again. I went to grade school and high school in Riverside (St Peters and Holy Cross). I am surprised I never met Anna when I was little. Amedeo married Cesira Dell' Elice, I could not remember her maiden name until today. It sounds like you have done a lot of work with this, I would appreciate more info if you have it. My personal e-mail is jj.home@comcast.net. I live in Sarasota Florida, left NJ in 1979 although fly back frequently to see family or go to the shore in the summer. My husband is from Willingboro originally, briefly lived in Beverly as a teen, before I knew him.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”