Help for a brick wall issue.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Help for a brick wall issue.

Postby zona1 » 04 Feb 2009, 20:01

I've hit a brick wall on 2 relatives and need suggestions about where to go next. I'll describe one item now and the other in a few days. I'm hoping fresh eyes will see things I've missed.

My father (Salvatore Cesario) was born in Malfa, island of Salina, in late 1906. His father was Felice, born in 1872 in Lipari. I have his [Felice's] birth record but cannot find any record of his death. I have written to both Salina and Lipari but without success. My late father said that Felice died when he was about 5 - that would be roughly 1911-1912. Felice's last child was born in Sept 1911. The oldest son came to the US in 1916 and rest of the family in 1921.

Perhaps some of you know some sources I can consult. FHC records only go to 1910 for Lipari.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help for a brick wall issue.

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Feb 2009, 20:26

Since the only apparent record search not mentioned were records in church in the placewhere he was buried.Go to www.parrocchie.it and put in Malfa for the 3 churches who will appear withan address and a telephone number. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”