Figone / Figoni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nfig1
Rookie
Rookie

Figone / Figoni

Postby nfig1 » 08 Feb 2009, 21:26

Buongiorno a tutti. I have a death certificate for my great-grandfather which contains a misspelling: FigonI instead of FigonE. I am applying for dual-citizenship. My question stems from reading that such a change is often deemed minor if the misspelling does not result in another existing name. Thus, has this misspelling (FigonI) resulted a "real" Italian name? Does the surname "Figoni" exist, or is there only "Figone"? Thank you.

Nick

uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: Figone / Figoni

Postby uantiti » 08 Feb 2009, 21:55

Hi,
I'm not an expert for citizenship. Your question is wether the two surnames FIGONI and FIGONE both exist in Italy. The answer is: Yes, they both exist. Sorry!

Ada

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Feb 2009, 23:49

Go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in Figone first and click Cerca and then Figoni and then click cerca and you will see where they are located thruout Italy on a map of Italy and Sicily. =Peter=
~Peter~

nfig1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby nfig1 » 09 Feb 2009, 08:05

Thank you both! Thanks also for the very useful link. This forum continues to impress.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”