World War I soldier records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lounan

World War I soldier records

Postby lounan » 12 Feb 2009, 01:05

Where in Italy can I find my uncle's WWI service records? I will be in Italy later this year and would like to see them. He was in the 11th Infantry from Forli.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: World War I soldier records

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Feb 2009, 01:39

Yopu can send form letter requesting his conscription records or "REGISTRO DI LEVA" in the military archive of the Military district of Forli-Cesena. Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html

mail to Archivio di Stato, Sezione Militare,sezione Cesena Via Dei Gerolimini 6, I-47100, Forli, Emilia Romagna, Italy =Peter=
~Peter~

lounan

Postby lounan » 12 Feb 2009, 12:39

Thank you, Peter, for your prompt and informative reply. It will certainly help in our research of his diary which he kept during his 4 years of service.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Feb 2009, 18:32

was he a POW, wounded, medals, campaigns etc. If so then requesting his discharge records (Foglio di Congedo Illimitato) for this additonal information or his Service Records (Registro di Ruolo) which also contains details of a mans military service. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”