calderoni search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

calderoni search

Postby sigel7 » 13 Feb 2009, 03:57

I am hoping to find my family. My great grandfather, Luigi Calderoni arrived in USA in 1911. He was born around 1875 was married to Maria Calderoni. He was born in Italy, the only document I have seen says the town was Nologrio, but I think it was translated wrong. He was living in Lodrino Switzerland with his wife and nine children. 2 of those children came to America also, one of which was my grandfather. The only childrens names that I know of are Luigi Calderoni (my great uncle), Carlo Calderoni (my grandfather) and Carmela, who remained in Switzerland.
Because my grandparents where born in Switzerland but held Italian Passports, I dont know which country to contact for more info.
Any ideas or help would be wonderful

Thank you
Catherine

Christofer-P

Re: calderoni search

Postby Christofer-P » 12 Jun 2011, 17:02

Hi,
What I know you have an relative in Bellinzona, Switzerland, near to Lugano and his name is Luigi Calderoni, born what I remember april 23 1950. Do you know him?
Best Regards
Christofer

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 13 Jun 2011, 15:39

sigel7 wrote:I am hoping to find my family. My great grandfather, Luigi Calderoni arrived in USA in 1911. He was born around 1875 was married to Maria Calderoni. He was born in Italy, the only document I have seen says the town was Nologrio, but I think it was translated wrong. He was living in Lodrino Switzerland with his wife and nine children. 2 of those children came to America also, one of which was my grandfather. The only childrens names that I know of are Luigi Calderoni (my great uncle), Carlo Calderoni (my grandfather) and Carmela, who remained in Switzerland.
Because my grandparents where born in Switzerland but held Italian Passports, I dont know which country to contact for more info.
Any ideas or help would be wonderful

Thank you
Catherine

Catherine,

if this is the arrival manifest you're referring to:

28 january 1911
Calderoni Luigi, age 36, married, last residence Lodrino, leaving there his wife Calderoni, going to San Luis Obispo CA to join his friend Bolzani. Place of birth is listed as Mologno

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0015

page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0015

Mologno is since 1927 the town of Casazza, Bergamo Province, Lombardia region.

Do this name light something?

Laura

sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sigel7 » 13 Jun 2011, 17:56

Yes, thank you. I have been able to get the family records from Casazza. I am currently trying to learn Italian so I can go further back in my search.
Looking for Calderoni

Return to “Italian Genealogy”