Information on Zanre

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dzanre

Information on Zanre

Postby dzanre » 14 Feb 2009, 19:06

I am looking for information on Domenico Zanre, born most likely in Valdena, Italy, about 1860. He was also known as Gambung or Gambon according to family lore, because he was so tall and had long legs, the Gambung reference would seem to be a derivative of the French "gambon" or leg.

My father-in-law (Domenico's grandson), believes that his Grandmother was a Giullianotti (but so was his mother, so there might be some confusion there) but he only called her Nonna and never knew her given name! Domenico's son Giuseppe went to Scotland in the early 1900s, and returned to Italy in the 1950s, living in Borgo Val di Taro next door to his brother Andrea. My husband is this Giuseppe's Grandson. Giuseppe also had a son named Giuseppe, who is my Giuseppe's father :)

So, I'm stuck at Domenico. Not knowing his wife's name, siblings names or parents names have left me at somewhat of a dead end. If anyone has any information on this branch of the Zanre family, I'd happily pick your brains!

Thanks.

Danita

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Information on Zanre

Postby pink67 » 15 Feb 2009, 19:49

Hi Danita,

as I noticed that the Family History Centers have microfilms of the Civil Registration of Borgo Val di Taro (Valdena is an hamlet of Borgotaro) it could be helpful for you to search for the birth act of Giuseppe (Domenico's son) if you know his birth date...
From this act you will be able to know also Domenico's wife name...
From that you should find also Domenico's marriage act.

Here is the link:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... orgo+Val++

Here is the link to find your nearest Family History Center:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

Laura

Return to “Italian Genealogy”