Mazzocca's from Bugnara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Mazzocca's from Bugnara

Postby wdwgirl00 » 15 Feb 2009, 22:52

Hi Everyone!
This looks like a great site so I'm really excited to be a part of it. I am looking for my family that came from Bugnara. I know my great, great grandfather Nicolo Mazzocca was born there March 1893 (died here in the states 1970) He married Maria Ditommaso (b. 1902 d.1995). I believe she was from Bugnara too. I know the names of his parents Vincenzo and Concetta (DiPiero), but I don't have birth, marriage, or death dates for either of them. Here's the cool part. I am actually going to bugnara soon and want to do some research while I'm there, but I don't actually know where to start. So any information you think might be helpful would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! - Janella

Re: Mazzocca's from Bugnara

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Feb 2009, 23:02

Read the information inthe following website about Italian Records which should fortify your research abiklities when you get to Bugnara. Go to

This will familiarize you with the records available in Bugnara save those for military records which are found inL'Aquila which is the provincial capitalat the Archivio di Stato. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”