Relatives of Caputi in Tursi, Italia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pessa5

Relatives of Caputi in Tursi, Italia

Postby Pessa5 » 17 Feb 2009, 11:23

I just found out my grandmother, Isabella Caputi, left Turci in February in 1904 and traveled from Naples on the Victoria to NYC. She was a teacher in Italy.
She stated she was married when she left and was going to her "cousin" Erminio Ellera, who arrived on the California in June, 1903.

I never met my grandparents and would like to learn their roots and possibly find relatives.

I appreciate the help! Thank you.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Relatives of Caputi in Tursi, Italia

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Feb 2009, 15:36

On the offchance that you wish to conduct your own genealogy then you can go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html
and familiarize yourself with italiangenealogy.

'But to make it concise and brief hereis what you can do..Work backward from tghe USA to Italy via Ellisisland.org and thence to Tursi (www.nonsolocap.it) and type in Tursi and then click on Tursi and a website will come up and scroll down to municipio for address to send form letter in Italian for form letters in Italian www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... tters.html
and then you can request her birth record (estratto di nascita=long form) or if you know her fathers name you can request the family Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Sotiroco (family status record for entire family, births,marriages and deaths, siblings etc).

OR>>you can go to the nearest Mormon church family history library and rent out the micorfilm of civil records for Tursi and trace you family back to (usually) 1809 to 1900. www.familysearch.org for location. =Peter=
~Peter~

Pessa5

Re: Relatives of Caputi in Tursi, Italia

Postby Pessa5 » 17 Feb 2009, 15:47

Thanks, Peter. I've been reading many of your replies. You seem to give great info. Thanks, Again.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”