Mario D'Ascoli and Philomena Esposito

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ascoli

Mario D'Ascoli and Philomena Esposito

Post by ascoli »

Looking for info about these ancestors, my greatgrandparents. From Campania region, Salerno, Nola, or Siano. Perhaps Ascoli Satriano
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Mario D'Ascoli and Philomena Esposito

Post by PeterTimber »

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the contents of this website so that when making inquiries you do so with a knowledge of what your research objectives are and what records are you seeking.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

Basic information: Italian women retain their maiden name and most records and history are in the place of origin in Italy. =Peter=
~Peter~
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to the forum!
Can you be more specific? Are you looking for records here in the US or Italy? What have you obtained so far in way of records? First names?
Children? Birthdates? Where did they reside? By providing more detail members can better direct your search.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ascoli

Post by ascoli »

Alfonso D'Ascoli: My grandfather
Born 1889 or 1890 Siano, Salerno
Died 1973 Brooklyn, NY
Arrived in US 1907
Mario M. son
Francis Daughter
Pearl Clow wife (divorced) Her maiden name Wallach
Mario D'Ascoli: His father (maybe Guiseppi?)
Philomena Esposito: His mother

Looking for descendents/ancesters of above in Italy. Looking to trace ancestry as far back in Italy as possible.

Need birth, marriage, baptism, death records for all of above. (Don't need death record for Alfonso)

So far I have Ellis Island info (Manifesto Cretic)for Alfonso plus SS death info
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Siano 88100 is a frazione (absorbed hamlet or suburb by city of Catanzaro) which has records from 1809 to 1900 for births,marriages and deaths. You can slo rent out micorfilm records for siano (Catanzaro) from your nearest family history library of the Mormon church for about $5.00 from 1809 to 1900 for all briths, marriages and deaths. I believe there is an special index for catanzaro which someone here can explain further. '

Youj can further request documents fromthe http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and send italian form letters to the Uffico di Stato civile in catanzaro free of charge. =Peter=
~Peter~
ascoli

Post by ascoli »

Thanks, Peter. I located the records for Catanzaro on the Morman website, but sadly, no info. WIll take next step as per your advice.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

ascoli wrote:Thanks, Peter. I located the records for Catanzaro on the Morman website, but sadly, no info. WIll take next step as per your advice.
Why are you hoping to find a record in Catanzaro, since you say your ancestors were born in Siano, Salerno province? Check at your nearest FHL.

You may also write to

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Botta 1
84088 Siano SA
Italy

Edited to correct the word Italy that was misspelled
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sorryabout the error. The Salerno address mentioned above should be the correct address. =Peter=
~Peter~
ascoli

Post by ascoli »

PHEW! I was wondering the same thing! I was beginning to question the little info I did have! At least now I know I'm on the right track. My next step, I guess, is to write to SALERNO for records!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I obviously suffer from cosmic moments from time to time. Thanks for overlooking the error with such grace. =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Here is some info on the town of Siano.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/065/142/index.html
ascoli

Post by ascoli »

It's such a beautiful place with such a fascinating history. Hope that some descendants of Mario and Philomena are living there, so that I can visit! Thanks for the help.