Francesco Favazza (1850) & Marghereta Russo (1853)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie

Francesco Favazza (1850) & Marghereta Russo (1853)

Postby seabreezes1 » 21 Feb 2009, 14:08

I would like to trace back from my great-great grandparents, Francesco Favazza (1850) & Margherta Russo (1853). Marghereta was the dtr of Salvatore and Giovanna Russo. They lived in the Palermo region of Sicily: Terrasini, Cinisi and Favoretta. I have quite a bit on 4 of their 7 children, and am gathering more. Click Family Tree on my website: http://web.me.com/seabreezes1. I also know some family history dating to the 1600s in Venice and the Seige of Candia. The period between 1646 and 1850 is blank. See: http://web.me.com/seabreezes1/Karen_Spe ... story.html

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Francesco Favazza (1850) & Marghereta Russo (1853)

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Feb 2009, 17:22

Your are not very clear as to what tracing the Favazza and Russo back from the 1850's have anything to do with with the period 1646 and 1850 and your family tree?? It is a bit confusing since this is your family tree and if you are seeking information on the favazza family and the Russo family for a period that is a blank to you it would be more advantageous if you furnish us with asome additonal pertinent information to what you are seeking? lease clarify since records in the 15rh and 16th century Palermo was a point of struggle against the Turks

There diocesan museum is on two floors in the Archbishiops palace (1460)across from the cathedral. The regional Archeological Museum is on Piazza Olivella and is quite extraordinary I am told. =Peter=
~Peter~

seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby seabreezes1 » 21 Feb 2009, 17:32

I'm open to any information. The information I provided are just two points in time that I have documented. If someone has records for Francesco's and Marghereta's parents or grandparents in the Palermo region, that's great! If someone knows more detail about the Favazza's in Candia or Venice, that's great. Per my research, all families with the first three letters FAV in Sicily descended from a single 17th century ancestor, Cristoforo Favazza - do I trust that tidbit 100%, no, but given the intermarriages between the Favaloros and Favazzas, I suspect if it wasn't initially true, it became true.

I'd LOVE to go to Italy to do research. Not happening this year.
Karen
Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, Zocchi, Caru

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Feb 2009, 20:33

If you do ,please go by ship and pour a libation to Poseidon into the sea for me as I missed out on my homage last year. =Peter=
~Peter~

eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Postby eyetalgal » 23 Feb 2009, 01:51

seabreezes1

I sent you a private message

Return to “Italian Genealogy”