Civil Records in Coreglia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jford

Civil Records in Coreglia

Postby jford » 22 Feb 2009, 16:38

I'm trying to locate birth records on my great grandfather...so I can find potential family. He was born in Piano de Coreglia in 1859. Name S.Z. Poli. Any suggestions?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Civil Records in Coreglia

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Feb 2009, 19:20

Piano del Croeglia is a "frazione" (suburb or abosrobed hamlet) of the comune Coreglia Antelminelli, (CAP) 55025, Luccca Province Toscana. You can do two things check with Mormon family history library for microfilm of civil records of Coreglia Antelminelli nearest your home covering births,marriages and deaths or write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Italian using form letter in Italian www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html and mail ti to the municipio address found at www.nonsolocap.it and put in Coreglia Antelminelli and then click on that town name for a webpage that you scroll down to Municipio for the address. There is no charge. =Peter=
~Peter~

jford

Postby jford » 22 Feb 2009, 19:42

I have been to the local Mormon FHL without success, but I will try mailing a letter as you suggested. Do you have any suggestions as to how much $ I should attach to the request?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Feb 2009, 19:51

Requests for documents relating to births,.marriages or deaths in Coregliaminelli 55025 are normally free of charge. The available records commence in 1866 to 1900 (privacy laws after that date are in effect). No money is necessary. The wait is 6-8 weeks. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”