Help with translation of Death certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Help with translation of Death certificate

Postby ChrisMosca » 24 Feb 2009, 03:51

Hi this is a death certificate for Pietro Giusseppe Gallo my gggg-grandfather 20 nov 1838, I get most of it except a few things. when it says what I think that he died in his own house then it says his name Pietro Giuseppe Gallo then next word I don't know, the next name is it his wife Carmela Borrillo? also it says the son of Umile? Gallo and what is his domiciliato say and what is his mother last name, Maria Francesca ....... also her age is 80 but is she dead or she died at 80 years old?
thanks again for everything

[img][IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/chrisfly4you/pietrogGallonorte.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/chrisfly4you/PietroGiGallo1.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/chrisfly4you/PietroGiGallo2.jpg[/img][/img]
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation of Death certificate

Postby JohnArmellino » 24 Feb 2009, 05:20

...on this 20th day of November 1838, at 16:00, is deceased in his house, Pietro Giuseppe Gallo, husband of Carmela Barrillo, born in this comune, son of Umile Gallo, deceased, property owner, who lived here, and Maria Francesca d'Avalio, deceased, who also lived here, age eighty [referring to Pietro Giuseppe], property owner, who lived here on Strada San Luca.

Umile, if correct, is an unusual---but not unknown---given name. Barrillo and d'Avalio might be spelled somewhat differently.
John Armellino

uantiti
Elite
Elite

Postby uantiti » 24 Feb 2009, 07:00

If this can be of interest, the declarant is Giovanni Gallo, 38 years, son of the deceased. The other declarant is Giovanni Borrello (or Barrillo) 38 years, a cousin?

Ada

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 24 Feb 2009, 07:28

thanks John Armellino for the translation, I think the last name for Maria might be D'avalio but like you said its hard to know for sure. I saw that also about Giovanni Borrello here the last name looks like Borello but by Carmela it looks like an I, Barrillo. Giovanni Borrello also appears in one of Giovanni Gallo's kid death certificate. they must be related or really good friends. Thanks again John and Ada
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

Return to “Italian Genealogy”