Looking for Tersa Ferretti from Taranto, Itay

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Fred48
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for Tersa Ferretti from Taranto, Itay

Postby Fred48 » 25 Feb 2009, 19:10

I am looking for any information on Teresa Ferretti; she is my wife's grandmother. She was born in Taranto, Itay and migrated to the United States to Jersey City. She married a Domenico Bozza. I am looking for Italian records (i.e. when she was born and her parents).

I am open to any advice.

Fred

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Tersa Ferretti from Taranto, Itay

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Feb 2009, 21:47

She arrived in 1910 at NYC at age 19 makiong her year of birth 1891 and since she was born in Taranto City you can write for her records with Italian language form letter(s) for documents. Request her birth record as Estratto di nascita=long form which will reflect her parents names. Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html for the requests.

Mail them to the Uffico di Stato Civile in Taranto (Go to www.nonsolocap.it and type in Taranto and then click on Taranto and a web page will come up and under Municipio you will find the address for the Ufficio di Stato Civile. There is no charge for documents.

If you wish you might be able to rent out micorfilms for taranto civil records at your nearest Mormon Family History Library for about $5.00 (Go to www.familysearch.org for location nearest you. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”