Rano ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
melisalea

Rano ?

Postby melisalea » 26 Feb 2009, 01:42

Hello,

I am new to this site and this is my first post, I hope that I do this correctly.

I am looking for ANY information on my maiden name: Rano

I heard that the Rano family came from Campochiaro and Campobasso, Molise. If anyone knows of anything that would help get me started please let me know. My cousin is in Rome right now and will be there for only a few months, if you have any pointers for us as to some sort of direction to start with pleeeeease let me know :)

Thank you!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Rano ?

Postby PeterTimber » 26 Feb 2009, 05:16

Rano is distributed thruout Italy in 33 cities, towns and villages having inhabitants bearing the Rano surname which is not listed in the Italian surname dictionary. (www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put Rano in upper left).

The surname is most likely foreign and imported into Italy and of Spanish origin since the name dates back to Spain inthe 1600's and into South America, Philippines while other branches are found in England as well as Italy. Go to www.familysearch.org and put in the Rano surname and nothing else under ancestor search for the dates and locations of the surname.

You can go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Campobaso where there are two Rano listed and maybe relatives(www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/sa ... etter.html for form letter to potential relative which you can locate at www.paginebianche.it and insert Rano in the first line and Molise in the second line and click CERCA for the entire region where you will find the 2 Rano. If you wish toknow more about genealogy research of your family please get back after your intial inquiry is satisfied.
=Peter=
~Peter~

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 26 Feb 2009, 05:45

If you can answer the following, members can provide better direction.

Who was the immigrant ancestor? full name, birthdate or even a year can be helpful. Where did they immigrate to? Did they stay in that location? Spouse, with maiden name? Any known children, year of birth and location?

If we can confirm the town of origin thru records, you can then begin to search further into the past.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

elena2001

Postby elena2001 » 14 Feb 2010, 17:37

Melisa,

My family is also from Campochiaro. Rano is indeed one of the common names of the village. I have documented all of the people of the town from the 1800's. Do you have the name of your Rano ancestor the immigrated? Any information about approximate age, etc. also help.

Elena

Return to “Italian Genealogy”