Tiseo Family - Cassino - 1900 ish

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kimmimac

Tiseo Family - Cassino - 1900 ish

Postby kimmimac » 26 Feb 2009, 21:26

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help. :?

We are trying to find out some information about our family prior to them immigrating to Dundee in Scotland. My Great Grandfather was Alleasndrio Tiseo and served as a gunner in the Italian Artillery and My Great grandmother was called Marianna Visocchi but they weren't married until they came to Scotland. I have no idea of their dates of births. We have a copy of my Grandmothers Birth certificate but there is nothing regarding her parents dates of birth only that they were married on 31st March 1910 in Dundee. She Daughter was called Lisabetta Ortenzia Tiseo and she was born on 19th Septmeber 1916 in Dundee.

I am so sorry there is no other information to go on, but we really are stuck, we cannot seem to access any information throught Births, deaths and marriages in Dundee and have become stuck. :cry:

My Parents are planning to go to Cassino later this year and would like some more information about the family so they have something to go on when they get there. :|

regards.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Tiseo Family - Cassino - 1900 ish

Postby Italysearcher » 27 Feb 2009, 12:12

There are records on microfilm with the Mormon Church www.familysearch.org (Library catalog) up to 1900. Many records in Cassino were destroyed in WW2. Do you know for sure they came from there?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

kimmimac

Re: Tiseo Family - Cassino - 1900 ish

Postby kimmimac » 27 Feb 2009, 15:47

D O B for my Grandfather was 1883 who came from Cassino. We think when he came to Scotland that his name might be a variation of Tiseo as neither he or my gran were not well educated. My Grandmother who also came from Cassino was borth around 1890 but not sure.

regards

Michael Grieve (grandson)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”