Summa Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Summa Surname

Postby Jwmann2 » 01 Mar 2009, 19:48

A family friend of mine asked me to inquire about a Frank Summa that was born in the late 1800s in Breathitt County, Kentucky, I believe. I do know that he was later on the magoffin county census as well she said. COuld also be Franco Summa as well. Thank you for all who are able to help. I do not have much more information other than that.

Re: Summa Surname

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Mar 2009, 00:40

There is a Francesco Summa who entered the USA at NYC on April 28,1887 at age 2 and listed as SON but apparently he entered with his mother whose identity is in her maiden name since Italian women never lose their identity or another adult having custody (doubtful). He was destined to somewhere in the NE save for Cincinnati which is in Ohio and midwest; they all having the same destination code 7788.

This is the best I can do for you in view of the paucity of your information. However, I do wish to inquire as to whether youi have screen all of the avilable information and dismissed some as not worth mentioning??? Oftimes what is not important or family oralhistory can be the key to making the next move. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”