Schifano's In Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debbiesue

Schifano's In Sicily

Post by debbiesue »

My Step Dad is a Schifano. His family (Mother, Father and siblings moved to Boston between 1920-1925. Dad was born in December 25, 1925. His name is Calogero Schifano, his (American name is Charlie). He will be making his first trip to Sicily in December and is interested in finding family. He knows that his family is from southern Italy. Does anyone know a Schifano family that moved to the States in the 1920's? I know that he has a sister named Ann. I apologize for not having more information but I am living in Germany an do not have further information as I am just getting the ball rolling for him. Any help would be great!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.ellisisland.org and look up Calogero Schifano who was aged 5 in 1920 which seems to contradict the place of birth and age of your father Calogero (aka charlie) iof thats him. This Schifano came from Riesi in Sicily and there are 7 Schifano there now. Go to wwsw.paginebianche.it and put in schifano iun the first line and Riesi in the third line and click CERCA in reed for the 7 listings. Peter
debbiesue

Post by debbiesue »

Peter, thanks for the information. I think my post may have been misunderstood. My Dad was born in the states and his family came to the US from Italy before he was born. I did find his father on the immigration records, so this was a good place for us to start. My dad is very excited about the paginebianche.it website and we are going to begin further searching there. Thanks so much for your help. :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am glad your on your way..Get back to me if you need a boost. Peter