Hudson County Catholic Protectory

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JoeC
Rookie
Rookie

Hudson County Catholic Protectory

Postby JoeC » 03 Mar 2009, 21:34

Hi -

According to information from the 1930 census, there's a possibility that my grandfather may have been under the care of the Hudson County Catholic Protectory in Kearny, NJ. The name is the same and the age is in line with my grandfather's age, but I'd like to find out for certain. Is there any way to obtain records from the Hudson County Catholic Protectory which would show something more definitive, such as a birthdate, to determine whether or not the person shown in the census is my grandfather?

Thanks -
Joe

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Hudson County Catholic Protectory

Postby Biff83 » 03 Mar 2009, 21:44

Joe,

I think your best bet is to contact the Archdiocese of Newark to see if they can help.
http://www.rcan.org/index.cfm

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

JoeC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JoeC » 08 Mar 2009, 14:48

Biff -

I haven't seen a response to the email I sent about one week ago to the Archdiocese of Newark. Any ideas?

Thanks -
Joe

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Mar 2009, 15:29

Joey C telephone the Legal counsel's office at 973-497-4302 so they can furnish directions for you to follow. =Peter=
~Peter~

peachietig

Postby peachietig » 27 Jun 2014, 19:30

After following this thread of advise I have found that the Records for the Hudson County Catholic Protectory are located at Seton Hall University in South Orange NJ. They only have the records for last names starting with "W,Y, and Z". I hope that helps anyone who has some questions.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”