Direction Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
urob

Direction Help

Postby urob » 09 Mar 2009, 01:28

I have been researching the Belvedere surname in Bagheria Sicily. My Grandfather was born in Bagheria and I think I found his birth record in the FHL files I ordered from the Mormon Church.

His name was Ottavio Belvedere born to Guiseppe Belvedere and Melechiora Bruno in 1874 in Bagheria. I also found a document in 1898 that he ran for mayor of Trabia. I cannot confirm that he is my grandfather but all the names and dates seem to fit. The only way I can confirm that it is him is by finding his son Guiseppe Belvedere born in Bagheria on June 12, 1900 and seeing the name of the birth parents.

The films I ordered from the Mormon Church covers from 1869 to 1903. At least that is what is on the title and description. When I actually viewed the films the years of 1900 and 1901 were virtually missing. So I could not find Ottavio's son's birth to confirm the family connection. When I inquired to why they were missing from the films, I was told that sometimes that happens. So my questions to this forum are,

1. Is there anyway I could find Guiseppe's birth record in 1900, other than the films at the Mormon Church?

2. If Ottavio Belvedere ran for mayor of Trabia how could I find out if he won or lost back in 1898?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Direction Help

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Mar 2009, 06:17

urob wrote:...
1. Is there anyway I could find Guiseppe's birth record in 1900, other than the films at the Mormon Church?

You may write to

Ufficio di Stato Civile
1, C. Umberto I
90011 Bagheria (PA)
Italy

email: stato.civile @ comune.bagheria.pa.it

and ask for an "Estratto di nascita per copia integrale"

Form letters are available at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”