HELP locating family records/ Veltre

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

HELP locating family records/ Veltre

Postby StarV579 » 14 Mar 2009, 11:03

I am looking for more information on Giovanni Veltre and Lisetta Pennisi. Both of them lived in Bagnara Campania but I do not have the birth or death dates, I just have the name of the cemetery/town where they were burried.

My question is what town would I write for this information? I think the name of the town where they are burried is called chimanche. Got any ideas? Can I find out the names of their parents without the birthdates? What information would I need?

Thanks
Star

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: HELP locating family records/ Veltre

Postby liviomoreno » 14 Mar 2009, 11:45

The town here they are buried is Chianche, Avellino province (see http://en.comuni-italiani.it/064/027/ ). You may ask the Cemetery if they happen to have registered their birth date and location.

Another option that you have write back to Emma Petrone and ask her if she remembers the birth dates and locations

StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Postby StarV579 » 14 Mar 2009, 11:55

Thank you again!

StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Postby StarV579 » 14 Mar 2009, 12:12

Let me ask you this, I've heard of some people sending money along with a request for records. Is that necessary and if so howmuch? Us or Italian cuurency and if Italian where would go for a exchange (money).? I guess since I cannot speak Italian then I may try to write both the town of bagnara and the cin...... Town. You remembered my letter from emma! Do you think I should wait for the dates or first try without them? Thanks again star

Return to “Italian Genealogy”