Genealogy search Pisticci,Basillicata

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bob10607

Genealogy search Pisticci,Basillicata

Post by bob10607 »

Interested in DiTursi family .1896 to 1800
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Genealogy search Pisticci,Basillicata

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum.

What type of information do you need help with? Are you looking for records from the USA, Italy or both?

Can you give us more details........Persons name, approximate date of birth, town where he/she came from, year arriving in the USA, spouses full name and date of birth, childrens names and dates of birth etc.

The more detail you can give the easier it will be for members of the forum to help you out.

We'll wait to hear back from you.

Regards,
Elizabeth
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The Mormon church family history library near your home(wwwfamilysearch.org for location) can rent you the microfilm for the civil records for Pisticci from 1809 to 1910 for $5.00 and bring along the companion book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson to help out with the fancy turn of the century script.

Or you can write to Pisticci for specific Birth,.marriage or death records and/or Family Certificates Certificato di Stato di Famiglia for individual family compositon of all its members with form letter requests found below

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
You can also see who is currently residing in Pisticci and may wish to contact them by telephone or mail (www.initaly.com/gene/memn/letter1.htm for otential relatives) by going to www.paginebianche.it and put in DiTursi inthe first line and Pisticci inthe second line and click CERCA for all Ditursi in Pisticci by fullname,address and telephonenumbers.

=Peter=
~Peter~
bob10607

Post by bob10607 »

PeterTimber wrote:The Mormon church family history library near your home(wwwfamilysearch.org for location) can rent you the microfilm for the civil records for Pisticci from 1809 to 1910 for $5.00 and bring along the companion book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson to help out with the fancy turn of the century script.

Or you can write to Pisticci for specific Birth,.marriage or death records and/or Family Certificates Certificato di Stato dio Famiglia for individual family compositon of all its members with form letter requests found below

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
You can also see who is currently residing in Pisticci and may wish to contact them by telephone or mail (www.initaly.com/gene/memn/letter1.htm for otential relatives) by going to www.paginebianc he.it and put in DiTursi inthe first line and Pisticci inthe second line and click CERCA for all Ditursi in Pisticci by fullname,address and telephonenumbers.

=Peter=
Hi Elizabeth, As you can see I am new to this site and unfamiliar with communicating with other members... I am searching for history of my father and family from Pisticci,Basilicata, provincia Matera.... He was born in 1896... Can you help ??
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Bob,
You didn't give us your father's name, so this is just a wild stab in the dark. If it is not the correct record, give us dad's first name and/or date of immigration.

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 0166080076
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello :D !
I’ll bet we can help, but like Elizabeth says, we need just a little more information.

What was your father’s name?
Did he come to the US?
Do you need help with your family’s records in the US?
Do you need direction on how to research your family in Italy?

Here’s just a guess :wink:

Is this your father?

Nicholas Di Tursi
Born 27 Aug 1896
Lived in Hudson County, NJ?
Father’s name was Michele?
Had a brother named Vincenzo?

Arrived in the US on 15 April 1921 on the SS Providence from Naples to NY

(click here) 1921 ship’s manifest

manifest page 2
Line 25
---

Note, it isn't necessary to use the quote button, just scroll down to the button on the left side "post reply"

Hi Mary Jo!

WOW!
We picked the same person.
I was so busy typing I didn't see your note, my apologies!
I can't wait to see if we're right.

Valarie
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

No problem bob. As you can see, everyone here is very helpful, don't worry if you make a mistake and don't be afraid to ask questions.
bob10607

Post by bob10607 »

Thank you ladies ( I believe ) You both are truly talented and gifted !!!
My father Nicola ( Nicholas ) died in December 1942 eight months after I was born. My oldest brother had limited info other than a few photos and discharge papers from the Italian army.... I knew my grandfather's name was Michele and grandmother's name was Lileta Maria Carmella, I believe also born in Pisticci... I would like to find further info on my fathers side of the family in Pisticci... At age 66, I believe that I should pass on as much heritage info to my son and daughter as possible... Have to leave you now, my wife and I are on our way to the hospital as our daughter is about to give birth to her first baby... Thank you again and God bless you.

P.S... Please keep in touch as I would truly like to get involved in his informative site and share with others any skills that I may have.

Bob
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello Bob!
Congratulations on your new grandchild!

If you want to start your research into Italian records by ordering your father’s birth record,
this is the address

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Pisticci
Piazza dei Caduti
75015 Pisticci MT
ITALY

And here’s an interactive form letter that will translate your request into Italian:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

---

Are you familiar with the Family History Library?
click here about FamilySearch

As Peter mentioned earlier in your post,
you can order microfilmed civil records of your town to view at your local Family History Center.

Topic Italy, Matera, Pisticci - Civil registration
Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1929 Pisticci (Matera). Ufficio dello stato civile
click here microfilm notes

We can recommend several terrific books on Italian records research if this sounds like something you would be interested in.

And yes, please join in on the forum - the more the merrier!

Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Bob, thought you might like a copy of the 1930 census and WWII Draft Registration Card
Valarie

click here 1930 census

Home in 1930:
172 Beacon Ave, rents $28 month
Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey

Head Nick Detursi (DiTursi) 35, born abt 1895 in Italy
- married age 33, abt 1928
- immig 1922, Na (naturalized citizen)
- carpenter, building
Wife Paserline Detursi 25, born abt 1905 in Italy
- married age 23
- immig 1928