Looking for great grandfather Hugo Bertoni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
abertoni

Looking for great grandfather Hugo Bertoni

Postby abertoni » 19 Mar 2009, 19:50

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for my great grandfather HUGO BERTONI who made my grandfather ARMANDO BERTONI.

Anyone can help me? Or give me any idea where I can find any note about Bertoni's family.

Than you :wink:

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Looking for great grandfather Hugo Bertoni

Postby misbris » 19 Mar 2009, 20:02

Hi and welcome to the forum, :D

It would help if you gave us more information so we can better direct your search. Are you looking for Italian, American and/or South American records? Who immigrated? From where to where? Approximately when? Any other information you can give us will help.

abertoni

Postby abertoni » 19 Mar 2009, 20:23

Thanks.

I'm searching about my great grandfather HUGO BERTONI national from Italy. My grandfather ARMANDO BERTONI imigrates to Brazil-Rio de Janeiro in 1945-48 I don't know the exact year. I have my grandfather death document.

All that I know about HUGO, was that he stay in Italy.

What more information is necessary?

Thanks for the reply

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Mar 2009, 20:45

Dear abertoni In Italy there are very many Bertoni and you need to know the city,town or village of origin to locate family and document easily.Since you have the death certificate then you can go to the Registro Civil that issued that document and ask them for any record of his arrival in Brazil; when did he arrive and what is the name of the town where he was born in Italy.

I amsorry that I do not speak Portuguese. Do you understand Spanish or Italian?
Please let us know if you need any more assistance. There are formletters in Italian we can let you have so that you can request information and documents in Italy. =Peter=
~Peter~

abertoni

Postby abertoni » 20 Mar 2009, 15:45

Hey Peter,

Thank you, I called to Imigrations Museum and Registry National building in Rio de Janeiro where he became from. (First Arrived in Rio then came to São Paulo). Send e-mail too.

About his death document doesn't have the place where he was born.

Asking my father about the registry he said that he is not registry here in Sao Paulo, but in Rio de Janeiro.

Again, I like to thank you guys for this initial help, I'm searching his documents and when I'll have everything I post here again.

Thanks

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 21 Mar 2009, 17:16

There was a book by Kurt Bertone about the Bertone Family of Molise. Most came from the towns of Santa Maria del Molise and Sant'Angelo in Grotte. These towns were included in his work.

The book used to be on line...but I don't think it is any longer. But he had done extensive work on the family. Google for Kurt Bertone and you might find a link to him. Years ago I e-mailed him...he was living in Paris at the time and he was very kind and answered my questions.

Perhaps he can provide direction for you as well.

Good Luck.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Mar 2009, 20:30

HI SUE!!! now with you here he can't miss. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”