Pescatore Family Name

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DAnthony.Pescatore

Pescatore Family Name

Postby DAnthony.Pescatore » 21 Mar 2009, 02:24

Hello, my name is D'Anthony Micheal Pescatore(Fischer), and I recently have found my last name could've been Pescatore. I asked my mom "What do you mean?" she replied "Your last name was translated into enlglish." and have been striving to find out more about my family heritage. Can anyone help me? I know they came over from Italy, to Ellis Island, and changed their last name from Pescatore to Fischer, can anyone help me? I want to know more to find out if I can go to Italy without a green card. Please, any help will do.

DAnthony.Pescatore

Re: Pescatore Family Name

Postby DAnthony.Pescatore » 21 Mar 2009, 02:28

By the way, I'm only 15 and my biological dad is somewhere(he left me when I was a baby) is the only person that know's about this stuff, so my resources are limited, please help.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Mar 2009, 11:27

Dear DAthony youmay wish to famiiarize yourself with Italian genealogy by reading the helpful basic steps on how to find your Italian family and Ancestors and how to request document from the archives in Italy and the USA.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html

We are here to assist your research efforts =Peter=
~Peter~

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 21 Mar 2009, 12:14

You can come to Italy for up to 3 months without registering with the police and requesting a 'permesso di sogiorno' (permission to stay).
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 21 Mar 2009, 15:35

Hi, :D

There are about 200 Pescatores who came through Ellis Island. If you could narrow it down by name, place of immigration and/or place settled, you might be able to track down your ancestor. What was your father's first name? Do you know his mother's name or the name of any siblings? Where did they live? Any info you can find out from your mother might help. There are many people here who can help. :lol:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”