Lentricchia family from Morolo, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GRGomez

Lentricchia family from Morolo, Italy

Postby GRGomez » 21 Mar 2009, 04:31

My wife is the great granddaughter of Augusto Lentricchia (born 1892) who imigrated to the U.S. in 1909 from Morolo, Italy. We have all of the documents chronicling his imigration to America. What we have been trying to do is make a genealogical connection with a Lentricchia family that currently lives in Morolo.

We recently visited Morolo and made contact with the descendants of one Antonio Lentricchia (born 1878) and Felice Scarchilli. We believe/hope there is a connection between Augusto and Antonio but have not been able to find it thus far.

Augusto is the only male offspring of Michael Angelo Lentricchia and Domenica Spaziani. We don't know much about Michael Angelo or the parents of Antonio Lentricchia.

We are with much difficulty, communicating with the Morolo Lentricchias via email but I am looking for a way to jump start our search for information from Morolo.

I would appreciate any information anyone has on the Lentricchia family and any guidance for obtaining vital records from Morolo.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Lentricchia family from Morolo, Italy

Postby wldspirit » 21 Mar 2009, 05:00

Have you checked into microfilmed civil records held by the Lds?
While the dates are somewhat limited, and I'm not sure how much information you have, it may be of interest:

Lds Microfilm

These contain birth, marriage, banns and deaths.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Mar 2009, 11:20

You may wish to consult the Italian Records for the guidance you stated you needed in.order to obtain vital records of your family in Morolo. The websiteis www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html =Peter=
~Peter~

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 21 Mar 2009, 12:10

Your best bet are the parish records. The LDS are missing years but the town probably has them. However if you have arrived at 1878 you won't find parent information in the town records except for death records. Morolo was part of the Papal States so the church has just about everything (assuming they survived the war of course.)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Mar 2009, 16:38

You may also wish to consider requesting military records for Michael Angelo Lentricchia who would have been approximately of conscription age (1870+-) or thereabouts and for whom Provincial Ditrict military records in frosinone would be available either at the Archivio dello Stato for prior to 1870 or the Distretto Militare office at the same Archivio after 1870 and unification.

These miltary records would have vital records in detail about Michael Angelo's family compositon. =Peter=
~Peter~

GRGomez

Postby GRGomez » 22 Mar 2009, 07:46

Thank you all for the good advice.
~Gary~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”