SAN FERDINANDO DI PUGLIA VITAL RECORDS

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adalea
Rookie
Rookie

SAN FERDINANDO DI PUGLIA VITAL RECORDS

Postby adalea » 24 Mar 2009, 05:58

Curious to find out if anyone knows the reason for this interesting piece of information.

Upon researching my relatives I found in the birth records that the first child was born on a street called Via Vittorio (which I found on Google Maps in San Ferdinando di Puglia - which is the comune of this film roll that is listed as the birth place of all listed in the records). The next children listed in the same records film roll lived on Via Palmenti (which is in San Severo many miles north of Foggia) - then the last child was born on Via Prologo in San Ferdinando di Puglia.

What could be the reason they are listed in San Ferdinando di Puglia records if they lived on a street in a different town or community?

My great grandfather was also listed in the San Ferd. records but his street was Via Borgo (which is found in Accadia within Foggia). All these places are within the province of Foggia, but I don't understand why they're listed in the Comune of San Ferd when Accadia is a comune itself, as well as San Severo.

Anyone know the answer to this conundrum?
-A

adalea
Rookie
Rookie

Re: SAN FERDINANDO DI PUGLIA VITAL RECORDS

Postby adalea » 24 Mar 2009, 06:00

I also would like to add that the timeline for these records was 1880-1894. Just in case there was some kind of take over of other comunes for San Ferd. Let me know.

Thanks.
-A

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Mar 2009, 06:13

Adalea,
the records of your ancestors are all of San Ferdinando di Puglia; the street's names are of old San Ferdinando; it is possible, as in many other commons, that some street changed name currently... you must have a old map of San Ferdinando di Puglia for to search the street's names...
best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

adalea
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adalea » 24 Mar 2009, 15:49

Where can I get this old map of San Ferdinando di Puglia that will have these old street names?

-A

Return to “Italian Genealogy”