Finding Family information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lisajam

Finding Family information

Postby lisajam » 02 Apr 2009, 19:43

Good evening

I am new to this so I hope i make sense with my request

I am trying to find information with regards to my grandfather but everywhere I try i find nothing.

My Grandfather Angelo Schiavetta born in Albareto Parma? in the late 1890's he married my grandmother Emilia Boscarelli born in Borgotaro? in 1900 he passed away in Albareto in 1955

I am also trying to find his father but unsure of name I hope you can advise where I might verify if the information I have is correct.

Many thanks

Lisajam :D

vj
Master
Master

Re: Finding Family information

Postby vj » 02 Apr 2009, 19:50

Hello lisajam!

This may help.
You can write to the comune and request your grandfather’s birth & marriage record
(I believe the records must be less than 75 years old)

This is the address:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Albareto
Via Provinciale 61
43051 Albareto (PR)
ITALY
http://www.nonsolocap.it/emilia-romagna/96-albareto/

edit: added
Per Biff’s :D suggestion
Your grandparent’s marriage record may also be in the bride’s comune:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Borgo Val di Taro
Piazza Manara 6
43043 Borgo Val di Taro (PR)
ITALY
http://www.nonsolocap.it/emilia-romagna ... l-di-taro/
---

Here’s an interactive form letter that will translate your request from English to Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

OK?
Valarie

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 02 Apr 2009, 19:54

Hello and Welcome to IG, lisajam!

My best guess is that your grandfather was born in Albareto, in the province of Parma - region: Emilia Romagna, and that your grandmother was born in Borgo Val di Taro, province of Parma - region: Emilia Romagna.

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 02 Apr 2009, 19:59

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The name Schiavetta still exists in the comune of Albareto, province of Parma.

I am not sure of your time frame because if he was born in the late 1890's it is unlikely he was married in 1900. However, the Mormon Church has civil records for the town until 1910 and church records even later.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Apr 2009, 20:40

he got married late 1890's misbris.= Pete=
~Peter~

lisajam

Postby lisajam » 03 Apr 2009, 22:47

Hello,
I have recently found out that my father who was born in Italy (Borgotaro) has some paper work relating to some land in the Albareto area. I believe that he and his siblings inherited or were left this land by their father when he passed away and it is my understanding that this land may now pass to his children now that he is now passed am I correct in my assumptions? The paper work does not show a address but does stipulate page numbers, map numbers and land type ie some seminativo (arrable), castagneto (chestnut) and some bosco (woodland) does anyone know what this piece of paper would signify? and would it automatically give you legal rights to the land?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Lisajam

uno

Postby uno » 08 Feb 2015, 05:14

My family is from Albareto. My grandpa was a Schiavetta. My great granfather who died
In the 70s was Angelo. There are other branches of the Schiavetta family in Albareto.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”