Cappiello Family from Altamura

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jillybean

Cappiello Family from Altamura

Postby jillybean » 04 Apr 2009, 17:39

Hello,
My friend is lazy! So, I am trying to find, for her, any information on the Cappiello family from Altamura.
I have been given the names of Michele Cappiello and Guiseppa Cappiello that appear on a ship's manifest of 1902 or thereabouts. My friend's grandmother was one Irene Sanrocco.
There was a Nicholas Sanrocco who died in a plane crash.
Most settled in New York. However, my friend's father, Anthony Cappiello, made his way to Tennessee.
Any information on how I might glean information, however small, would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Cappiello Family from Altamura

Postby misbris » 04 Apr 2009, 18:12

I think this might be the correct manifest. Michele and Irena and their son Giuseppe were going to an uncle (last name Carlucci) at 50 Oak Street in Boston.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0014

Can you confirm that this is the correct family?

jillybean

Postby jillybean » 04 Apr 2009, 18:27

Excellent and thank you for your prompt reply. I will confirm as soon as I hear back from "the lazy one." LOL

jillybean

Postby jillybean » 04 Apr 2009, 22:27

misbris wrote:I think this might be the correct manifest. Michele and Irena and their son Giuseppe were going to an uncle (last name Carlucci) at 50 Oak Street in Boston.

Can you confirm that this is the correct family?

Michele Cappiello was born in 1862 and Irena Cappiello in 1869. However, they landed and settled in NY rather than Boston.

A son Pietro Antonio Cappiello (later Anthony Peter) was born in 1905 in Manhattan. His family resided in the Bronx. His mother had 15 children and only 3 lived to become an adult.

Thank you for all your help.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”