Cemetary Information Question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JoeC
Rookie
Rookie

Cemetary Information Question

Postby JoeC » 04 Apr 2009, 18:21

Hi -

I have a question I'm hoping someone will be able to help me figure out. I have correpsondence from the Holy Name Cemetary in Jersey City, New Jersey, that shows the people who are interred in a specific grave. There are four people. Three of the four I recognize, but I have no idea who the fourth person is. His name is Charles Florawski, was 25 years old when he was buried on March 29, 1932 and his place of birth is Germany. I have searched U.S. Census records for the name Florawski, but nothing shows up. Any help is appreciated.

Also, how can I find a female ancestor who no longer shows up with her family on the 1920 census? Her name is Katie (Catherine) Cosgrove, born January 17, 1897 in Hoboken, New Jersey. She shows up on the 1900 and 1910 census living with her family in Hoboken, but not on the 1920 census. I'm assuming that she possibly married and was no longer living at home, but she may also have died. I really have no other information. Any ideas?

As always, thanks for any help!
Joe

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Cemetary Information Question

Postby Essgee » 04 Apr 2009, 19:02

What are the names of the other people in the grave?

JoeC
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cemetary Information Question

Postby JoeC » 04 Apr 2009, 21:17

Essgee -

The others in the grave are:

1) John Cosgrove (my great-grandfather) - 47 years old when he was buried May 31, 1918, place of birth Ireland.

2) Bridget McGowan (John's sister) - 41 years old when she was buried October 30, 1918.

3) Max Kmetetz (John's son-in-law) - 52 years old when he was buried April 1, 1946, place of birth Switzerland.

Thanks -
Joe

Return to “Italian Genealogy”