Pantaleone and Vadini might have been vidino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
18 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Pantaleone and Vadini might have been vidino

Postby VaDeb » 12 Oct 2005, 23:33

Hi Angie,

YOur grandfather, Domenico Pantaleone died in 1927 in Gary, IN. Do you have his death certificate? Have you been able to find an obiturary? These will give you clues to proceed further back. Would expect to find them in Gary on the 1920 census. Was your grandmother alive in 1930? Did she have children that would be living with her? Did she re-marry after her husband died?

The manifest Suanj posted with an arrival in 1913 is your grandmother. Correct. It states she is going to her husband Dom. Pantaleone in Gary IN and gives her place of birth in the last column. Looks like Cappelle, Italy. I am having trouble getting the place database here to work. Perhaps someone can confirm the name.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby nonna7 » 13 Oct 2005, 13:12

Hi Debbie
Thanks for responding. I have none of the records that you mentioned.
Grandma died in 1923. They have no records on her at the Cemetary where she is buried, I was able to find that,
they said in those days people didn't always have any they were just brought in to be buried.
Uncle Michele went back to Italy, his last known address was Caprara prov. of pescara.
Yes, the arrival of my grandmother was the manifes that suanj found.
That is all I have. I was so excited about the manifest.
All my relatives are gone.

Thank you so very much for your help, you are so kind :)

angie
nonna7

Postby suanj » 13 Oct 2005, 14:39

nonna7 wrote:Hi Debbie
Thanks for responding. I have none of the records that you mentioned.
Grandma died in 1923. They have no records on her at the Cemetary where she is buried, I was able to find that,
they said in those days people didn't always have any they were just brought in to be buried.
Uncle Michele went back to Italy, his last known address was Caprara prov. of pescara.
Yes, the arrival of my grandmother was the manifes that suanj found.
That is all I have. I was so excited about the manifest.
All my relatives are gone.

Thank you so very much for your help, you are so kind :)

angie

Hi Angie: the town is Caprara d'Abruzzo and about Cappelle the correct spellin is Cappelle sul Tavo....
You have some infos about Maria Pantaleone daughter of Domenicantonio?
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Previous

18 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy