Pre Civil State Recources

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
apiapibij

Pre Civil State Recources

Postby apiapibij » 05 Apr 2009, 19:49

L.S.
Because there is a (indeed very very small) chance that someone is looking for ancestors from Reggio Calabria and surroundings in the period before 1809 I would like to let know that I have finished making indices of the available church registers of Cardeto containing the period 1621-1778.
Also I digitalized and published as . pdf with the permission of the author Antonino Denisi a book called "Annibale D'Afflitto, seconda visita pastorale 1597-1600", which is full of names of inhabitants of Reggio Calabria and wide surroundings.
It can be accessed via the website www.benvanrijswijk.com scrolling somewhere very far down under the left window.
I will continue making indices and making accessable al kind of pre 1800 resources from the villages of the Reggio Calabria area, especialy the fiumara Sant'Agata region.

Pinguino

Re: Pre Civil State Recources

Postby Pinguino » 22 Sep 2009, 19:58

Hello. I would like to thank you for the huge and great job you made because your research and works concerns a part of my family, living in Pantano (cardeto, Reggio Calabria). I am very curious about having more info about this area. Chiedo scusa ma Il mio italiano non e abbastante buono. Pero vorrei scriverlo in lingua di famiglia : Di cuore, grazie mille. Pietro

apiapibij

Postby apiapibij » 25 Sep 2009, 13:52

Pinguino, thank you for your kind words. It is not that huge and that great, because it is just something I like to do.
All the recources are now accessable through http://www.benvanrijswijk.com/fontigenealogici.htm
Cardeto is al lovely village almost hanging on the mountain and the Contrada Pantano is as beautiful as the rest of the place.

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 25 Sep 2009, 17:22

Amazing undertaking! I have roots in Calabria and can't wait to check out your website...

Thank You!!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”