Digital GS number?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JJOC1414
Rookie
Rookie

Digital GS number?

Postby JJOC1414 » 06 Apr 2009, 22:26

I'm using the Family Search Pilot to find some marriage records and I can see results that refer to the Film number and the Digital GS number. Does anybody know what they refer to?

In particular I have found two records for a suspected bride and groom that have the same Film and Digital GS numbers, and all other information is identical (i.e., the year of marriage registration and registration district). Would this indicate that the couple in question share the same marriage record and did in fact get married?

Many thanks.

jbeleto

Re: Digital GS number?

Postby jbeleto » 20 Apr 2014, 03:00

Go here:
https://familysearch.org/films/lookup
A GS film number is associated with a document. In order to find this document, you need a GS film number. It's usually a seven digit number.
You can go to that link and enter the GS number. To view the documents, you need to buy them though. It's like $8 per film.

FamilySearch’s Microfilm Ordering service is your gateway to a vast collection of genealogical and historical records. The service allows you to reserve and loan films to family history centers and affiliate libraries. The loan is free, but there is a small shipping and handling charge for each film.

Before ordering any film, check to make sure the Family History Library Catalog does not have a digital copy online.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”