Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
garrett_james

Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza

Postby garrett_james » 07 Apr 2009, 17:30

My name is Garrett, and I live in the US. My Grandmother came to the United States from Southern Italy as a young woman. Her name is Grace (Grazia) and her maiden (surname) is Vitali.

She was born in Moliterno - Potenza on January 12, 1927. Her Father was Pasquale Vitali - born March 17, 1895.

She had two brothers who are both dead. They had no sons. I am trying to find other members of the Vitali family from this region.

Please help me. Thank you so much.

You may contact me by email or phone. My email is garrettr@panhandlebank.com or netzarim_talmidim@yahoo.com

My phone number in the US is Area code 208 - 267-6891
You may also reach me by regular mail at:
Garrett Roush
P.O. Box 553
Moyie Springs, ID
83845 USA

Of course you may also reply to this post. I will check back.

Thank you so much!
Garrett-

garrett_james

Re: Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza

Postby garrett_james » 07 Apr 2009, 18:09

Also, I would be interested in tracing my Geneology back from Pasquale Vitali. I am only interested in the Vitali (male) line at this time.

If anyone could tell me who Pasquale Vitali's father was, and if his father had a brother who had any sons.. and if those sons had sons and if there is any male offspring with the Vitali name alive today.

The reason for this is because I am trying to trace the Vitali family line by DNA. The Y-Chromosome is only passed down by males, so females will not work. I am hoping to find a male Vitali family member (from my lineage) who would be willing to do a cheek swab DNA test (I will pay for it).

Thank you again!
Garrett-

garrett_james

Postby garrett_james » 09 Apr 2009, 15:04

bump

garrett_james

Postby garrett_james » 13 Apr 2009, 16:30

bump

garrett_james

Postby garrett_james » 17 Apr 2009, 22:21

bump

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Apr 2009, 22:31

Dear Garret_James since this apparently is an early foray into Italian genealogy for you it might be a good idea to go to the following website
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html on How to do your own Italian Genealogy Research since this will enable you to ask our assitance fromthe vantage point of knowing what makes for progress in your family genelaogy research.

We are here to assist you at the drop of a hat. Language is no problem since form letters are available in Italian and most requests to Italy for documents and certificates in the town of origin in Italy for your family are free of charge. Go to this website on Italian records which will over time fit into your knowledge base. www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html

=Peter=
~Peter~

garrett_james

Postby garrett_james » 18 Apr 2009, 00:11

Thank you so m,uch Peter. Yes, I am very new at this, and unfortunately I cannot read nor speak the language.

I will do as you advise and return with questions as they come up.

Peace to you my friend.
Garrett-

Marcio_Vitale

Postby Marcio_Vitale » 25 Sep 2009, 00:57

Hi James,
The whole story about 'maping' a family thru DNA anlys cought me by surprise. I never thought about that. It's really astonishing! Well, if you
want to try Italo-Brazilian's vitales... I have lots of them here.

Be welcome.
Marcio Vitale
( http://www.myheritage.com.br/site-44109 ... e-web-site )
Ogni luogo è patria mia perché da ogni luogo
si può vedere il cielo (Seneca).

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 25 Sep 2009, 09:00

garrett_james wrote:Also, I would be interested in tracing my Geneology back from Pasquale Vitali. I am only interested in the Vitali (male) line at this time.

If anyone could tell me who Pasquale Vitali's father was, and if his father had a brother who had any sons.. and if those sons had sons and if there is any male offspring with the Vitali name alive today.

The reason for this is because I am trying to trace the Vitali family line by DNA. The Y-Chromosome is only passed down by males, so females will not work. I am hoping to find a male Vitali family member (from my lineage) who would be willing to do a cheek swab DNA test (I will pay for it).

Thank you again!
Garrett-

you can search abt Vitali civil records by Mormon's microfilms:

Topic Italy, Potenza, Moliterno - Civil registration

Titles Registri dello stato civile di Molterno (Potenza), 1809-1910 Moliterno (Potenza). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”