Is there an online site for birth registrations

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Libbs

Is there an online site for birth registrations

Postby Libbs » 12 Apr 2009, 16:40

Could anyone please tell me whether there is a site to be able to find an Italian Birth registered with names of parents with online access ?? I am looking for a birth registered about 1846 - not a modern one.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Is there an online site for birth registrations

Postby Italysearcher » 12 Apr 2009, 20:09

There are some private indexes around for a limited number of towns but no formal on line site that I am aware of.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Apr 2009, 22:02

Dear Libbs most birth.marriage and death records in Italy, particularly in Southern Italy and Sicily start at 1809. They are usually on micorfilm at the nearest Mormon church family history library to your home. Go to www.familysearch.org for the location of the nearest library or simply give us the name of the town of originin Italy and we will be able to tell you if records exist in that place and you can mail away for it free of charge. =Peter=
~Peter~

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 13 Apr 2009, 11:39

Libbs wrote:Could anyone please tell me whether there is a site to be able to find an Italian Birth registered with names of parents with online access ?? I am looking for a birth registered about 1846 - not a modern one.

Thanks to many volunteers around the world as well as active projects on the part of Ancestry.com and the LDS Family Search Labs hundreds of Italian towns now have records online, with more each year. For example the province of Cosenza is actively uploading all of it's earlier indexes and extractions. Four other provinces will follow suit in the next few years including Palermo.

Just as a shot in the dark.. what is the town?? You never know

Libbs

Postby Libbs » 13 Apr 2009, 17:51

Thanks James

problem is not exactly positive of where he was born believe it may be the region of Faenza/ Ravenna/ place maybe even called Glorie in the region around there. Was hoping to find an online search site via names that might have tied up to mine as have the year within one year either side. Know his father's chrsitian name but have nothing on the mother.

Thanks for your help though.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Jul 2010, 01:51

deleted

Return to “Italian Genealogy”