Danese Family in Puglia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mahill510

Danese Family in Puglia

Postby mahill510 » 14 Apr 2009, 23:50

I am researching my family in Barletta and Andria. I am interested in my great grandfathers life, and how he died, and any information on his other children and step children. I believe that one child is still alive in Barletta, but I do not know who that would be, as there are a number of Danese in the area, so you can PM me with any information that would be helpful.

As an added bonus, although I do not hold much confidence in anyone being able to tell me; but it would be great to know who my great grandmother was married to before being married to my great grandfather, and what happened to him, as well as the status of their 2 children?

To start, my great grandfather was named Francesco Paolo Danese, born 23 Oct 1865 either in Andria or Barletta Italy. His father was Mariano Danese, and I've heard was from Verona or somewhere in northern Italy.

Mariano Danese was married to I believe Cristiani Maria Felicia, no further information on her lineage.

My great grandmother was named Antonietta Scommegna, I believe she was born in Andria, Italy, and possibly older than Francesco Paolo Danese and was married once before having 2 daughters, during this marriage.

After Antonietta Scommegna and Francesco Paolo Danese married, they had at least one more child (unknown gender) and my grandfather, Antonio Mariano Danese, born 1905 in Barletta, and died in 1987. The cause of death of Francesco Paolo Danese was an accident, was murdered or committed suicide. I would like to know how he died, and where he is buried.

From the Scommegna side:

My great grandmother was the daughter of Francesco Paolo Scommegna and Massimina Delvecchio - they had 4 children

Antonietta, my great grandmother

Ruggiero, had one son Francesco Paolo, who in turn had 2 boys.

Giuseppe married someone, whose first name was Clotilde and had a daughter (name unknown) that became a nun and

Antonio, who was a doctor, never married, and never had kids

Any and all assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

Regards;

Mark

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Danese Family in Puglia

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Apr 2009, 02:01

Dear Mark perhaps if you read the following website on conducting Italian Genealogy Research.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html

This will orient you in making how to find your Italian Amcestors Records and how to request documents fromthe archives in Italy and the USA more intelligible.

We are here to assist you with any questions you may have. The cardinal rule is to research from the USA to Italy and the town (s) of origin where most records are archived.

For starters you may wish to request a birth record (estratto di nascita=long form which contains parents names) for Your great grandfather Francesco Paolo in both towns of Andria and Barletta since you are not sure which is his town of birth and origin.

There is no charge for making these requests and you can send form letters in Italian by going to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html Mail them to the Uffico di Stato Civile in each town by going to www.nonsolocap.it and putting in the town names (one at a time) and click CERCAfort the zipcode, province and region and then click on the town name and a website will come up. for the street address Scroll down to Municipio for the address. =Peter=
~Peter~

mahill510

Postby mahill510 » 15 Apr 2009, 17:05

Thanks - going through the process now.

M
Looking for the surnames Danese, Scommegna, Delvecchio, Maresca in Andria & Barletta, as well as Bonvicini, Amori, and Marini in Bologna

mahill510

Postby mahill510 » 28 Jul 2009, 15:08

I followed the advice of those more knowledge about these things than me, about 3 months ago by sending a letter to the “Uffico di Stato Civileâ€

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Jul 2009, 15:20

Go to www.gentracer.com and ask if they can refer you to a correspondent in Barletta who can assist you. She is American researcher who specializes in Southern Italy out of Utah and travels there 3-4 times a year. She may know someone for you. =Peter=
~Peter~

mahill510

Postby mahill510 » 28 Jul 2009, 15:21

Thank you
Looking for the surnames Danese, Scommegna, Delvecchio, Maresca in Andria & Barletta, as well as Bonvicini, Amori, and Marini in Bologna

Return to “Italian Genealogy”