churches in Faeto and Celle di San Vito, Foggia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
margaretanne
Rookie
Rookie

churches in Faeto and Celle di San Vito, Foggia

Postby margaretanne » 16 Apr 2009, 15:57

Would anyone know the names and/or addresses of the churches in Faeto and Celle di San Vito in the province of Foggia? I would like to write and request information on my Italian ancestors. We are planning a trip to Italy in February and would like to visit the communes and churches. It would be wonderful if I could get information prior to our trip.

Thank you.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: churches in Faeto and Celle di San Vito, Foggia

Postby PeterTimber » 16 Apr 2009, 17:32

The churches are the last place you would want to search for records dating from 1809 to the 1900's since the Civil records for all BMD's in Italy are in the archives of each Comune so that a birth record (estratto di nascita=long form) can be requested provided you have a full name, date or year of birth or in extreme cases within a 5 year period.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html and send any requests by mail to the Uffico di Stato Civile in each of the C omune (city,town or village of origin). The service is free.

To see what churches exist in those two towns go to www.parrocchie.it and put inthe name of the town in the right side . Any church with a telephonenumber would indicate a resident priest but dealing with prelates can be frustrating. =Peter=
~Peter~

margaretanne
Rookie
Rookie

Re: churches in Faeto and Celle di San Vito, Foggia

Postby margaretanne » 16 Apr 2009, 19:53

Thank you very much! This is all new to me and I appreciate all the help.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”