Baiocchi, Nofori, Fagnani, Del Chicca, from Meati, Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pluchessi

Baiocchi, Nofori, Fagnani, Del Chicca, from Meati, Lucca

Postby pluchessi » 19 Apr 2009, 02:29

I previously posted (4/05/09) a noted regarding the "Gini family from Lucca." Here is some additonal information about the Baiocchi family referenced in that posting.

My grandfather was Natale Baiocchi, son of Mansueto Baiocchi and Rosa Nofori, grandson of Arcangelo Baiocchi and Caterina Fagnani. Mansueto's brothers were Raffaele (married to Massisma Del Chicca), Emilio, and Carlo. Raffaele's children were Angelo and Antonia Baiocchi.

Mansueto was married to Rosa Nofori; children: Natale, Sofia, Enrichtetta, Zaffira, Aladino (?), Angela, and Sara.

I'm looking for any informatin regarding any of the above mentioned Baiocchi family. I believe Emilio Baiocchi emigrated to South Africa. My grandfather, Natale, emigrated to the US, settled first in the Sacramento Delta area (Isleton), then in the Santa Clara Valley. He may have been in the Chicago area before moving to California.

Any infomation about these Baiocchi would be appreciated.

Thanks!

glodene

Re: Baiocchi, Nofori, Fagnani, Del Chicca, from Meati, Lucca

Postby glodene » 30 Aug 2009, 07:06

:D Hello,

I was married to the son of Joseph J Baiocchi, son of Natale Baiocchi and Doselina ?. Natale was born Dec. 29, 1867. Joseph J. (Jack) Baiocchi was born Dec. 24, 1906 in Iselton California. I believe he (Jack) had at least two brothers and at least one sister. One sister's name was Dolly Luchessi of San Jose Ca. She was married to the fire chief of San Jose. I am attempting to gather family information for my son who is Jack's grandson.

I have more information and would like to share it with you. Perhaps you could give me what you have as well. I hope to hear from you. Who are your parents? I met some of the family over fifty years ago but have limited memory of names. I will keep trying to recall some of the conversations I had with Jack and I might be able to recall some facts which would help you.

CG

pluchessi

Postby pluchessi » 30 Aug 2009, 22:22

glodene wrote::D Hello,

I was married to the son of Joseph J Baiocchi, son of Natale Baiocchi and Doselina ?. Natale was born Dec. 29, 1867. Joseph J. (Jack) Baiocchi was born Dec. 24, 1906 in Iselton California. I believe he (Jack) had at least two brothers and at least one sister. One sister's name was Dolly Luchessi of San Jose Ca. She was married to the fire chief of San Jose. I am attempting to gather family information for my son who is Jack's grandson.

I have more information and would like to share it with you. Perhaps you could give me what you have as well. I hope to hear from you. Who are your parents? I met some of the family over fifty years ago but have limited memory of names. I will keep trying to recall some of the conversations I had with Jack and I might be able to recall some facts which would help you.

CG
Hi,
I'm the son of Dolly & Angelo Luchessi of San Jose. Jack (known in the family as "Nini") was my uncle. I do have some limited information about the Baiocchis of Meati in the form of census documents that were sent to my by archives in Lucca. I'm not sure how to attach these documents to this email via the Italian Genealogy website & forum. If you email me at rluchessi@msn.com, I'd be happy to send them along to you. You might also be interested in the following link, which has some information about the Baiocchis in Meati, including a picture of the house of Arcangelo & Caterina Baiocchi:

http://www.hopkirk.org/hopkirk/Baiocchi/Page03.html

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Hawk52

Postby Hawk52 » 19 May 2011, 12:30

My Name is Steve Baiocchi, Jack "Nini" Baiocchi was my Grandfather! It appears we may be related? I wouldnt mind sharing info... Hope your having a good day and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Steve Baiocchi

pluchessi

Postby pluchessi » 21 May 2011, 02:36

Hi Steve. Jack was my uncle. I'd be happy to share information with you about the Baiocchi family. Please email me at rluchessi@msn.com. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.

--Rob Luchessi

susieq120787

Postby susieq120787 » 06 Mar 2012, 23:53

Hi, My name is Victoria, and my Grandmother was Bernadine Doselina Baiocchi. She had a brother named Joseph Jerome Baiocchi just like their father Joseph Jerome Baiocchi, also known as Jack. I don't know too much about my maternal grandmother's side of the family but from what my mother tells me, you have been posting information we have been looking for. I am trying to get some information for one of my classes and would love to know more about my maternal grandmothers side of the family. My grandmother had two children, both girls, Evelyn King and Cynthia Frances Hinmon (Sorry I do not know my aunts middle name nor what her real maiden name is, if its not King it may be Hinmon, but I didn't have many years with my grandmother). The only real thing I know about my maternal grandmothers side of the family is that her brother died before I was born, I believe in a car accident, and that my grandmother was born November 3, 1930. My grandmother died in August 1996 (not too sure the day but I think around the 13th) of a broken heart and organ failure. Please, if you get a chance to read this or have anymore information on the Baiocchi side of the family, I would love to hear about it.
Thank you,
Victoria

susieq120787

Postby susieq120787 » 07 Mar 2012, 20:24

I need to make one correction; My aunt's maiden name was Hill not King. Also, her middle name is Marve (MAR - Vay). I don't know if any of this helps, but I am trying to get some info on my grandmothers side of the family.

glodene

Postby glodene » 08 Mar 2012, 07:46

Hello Victoria,
I was married to Bernadines brother Joe and Steve is our son. I have quite a lot of information you may like to have regarding your Grandmother Bernadine and both the Kaiser and Baiocchi families. Let me know if you want to have it and I will try to get it to you via e-mail as soon as I can go through my records. If you want, send me your e-mail and we can communicate that way. Hope to hear from you soon. (Former) Aunt? Carole

susieq120787

Postby susieq120787 » 08 Mar 2012, 08:36

Carole,

I would love to get the information you have. My email is victoria.clary@gmail.com. I have also talked to Rob Luchessi, and I am in the process of trying to get information from him as well. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Victoria
victoria.clary@gmail.com

kerisfarm

Postby kerisfarm » 17 Aug 2014, 07:14

Hi, My name is Keri Rodrigues and I have been searching for information on my Great Grandmother, Pauline Baiocchi. I have hit a dead end. All I know is that I believe she was born in Isleton, CA and had my grandfather in 1928 in San Jose, CA. I found an obituary notice that listed her as a cousin to the Luchessi's of San Jose, CA. My email is kerisfarm@gmail.com. If anyone has any information on Pauline, her parents, grandparents, etc, I would be most appreciative for any details.

hawk52fl

Postby hawk52fl » 19 Sep 2015, 14:27

I am Steve, Nini (Jack Baiocchi)'s Grandson. You can contact me via email or text. Send email tome for the texting number. I have tracked some of the still living relatives and could supply you with some additional information you may not have for your records. Thanks Steve Baiocchi piratecycle@gmail.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”