Organizing the Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Organizing the Records

Postby donnawright » 20 Apr 2009, 05:21

Has anyone purchased the Clooz software for cross referencing and organizing your records. Sounds interesting. Right now I have a pile of papers and thought I should organize by surname, but this site has some how-to's and say surname organization can get unruly and offers a way to organize by record type. Any help or ideas on what others are doing.

http://clooz.com/index.html

trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Re: Organizing the Records

Postby trevisan2 » 20 Apr 2009, 06:02

It all depends what type of research you are doing. I prefer looking at the family tree. I use Roots Magic & Legacy. I have some data bases with over 40,000 names each in them and can search mainly by surname.

Clooz, seems to be able to search by location, which could be helpfull in some searches. There are times when I want to search by location only, so I am going to check it out.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”