Malone/Fiorini Grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Malone/Fiorini Grandparents

Postby jonim119 » 18 Nov 2003, 12:40

I would appreciate some help in trying to find my dad's parents. I have checked on Ellis Island, Ancestry, etc but no luck. My grandmother came from a town called Acquila (sp?) and was born 1883. My grandfather was from Tivoli and born in 1888. His name Joseph (Guiseppe) Fiorini and her name Nicolina (Lena) Malone. According to US census, they arrived around 1909-1910. I have had no luck finding anything on them. Any help? Grazi
jonim119

Postby ptimber » 18 Nov 2003, 22:44

Ellis Island is for NYC entries. He may have come in thru Boston, Philadelphia Baltimore etc. Go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm for their entry into the USA. Next go to the family history library of the Mormon chuirch and rent the microfilm for Tivoli BUT I do not think Tivoli is the town since that is in rome and there is another Tivoli as a suburb of another town in the proivnce of Bologna...which was is it?? Also Aquila is the capital of a province as well as a city. Are you sure they came from the city of Aquila and not the province so that there are numerous villages and towns who are in the province of Aquila. In italy all records are in the town of origin. If you are not sure then go thru NARA and find the town of origin and you can also go to the social sceuirty death index and requiest a copy of their original SS-5 application which has all the information. They strated showing death records after 1963. If you want to try go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the surname in the first line and the town in the thrid line and click CERCA. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Malone/Fiorini Grandparents

Postby suanj » 31 Jan 2004, 14:30

jonim119 wrote:I would appreciate some help in trying to find my dad's parents. I have checked on Ellis Island, Ancestry, etc but no luck. My grandmother came from a town called Acquila (sp?) and was born 1883. My grandfather was from Tivoli and born in 1888. His name Joseph (Guiseppe) Fiorini and her name Nicolina (Lena) Malone. According to US census, they arrived around 1909-1910. I have had no luck finding anything on them. Any help? Grazi

Hi: this are an Giuseppe Fiorini(misspelled in Finini but really from reading ship's manist are FIORINI, emigrated in 1909, but age 19 or 17, clast residence... illegible but in Rome area, -Tivoli are in Rome area), please read manifest:
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1536040064
regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy