surnames Caracciolo and Putorti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
funygirl38

surnames Caracciolo and Putorti

Post by funygirl38 »

Hello to everyone,

I am searching for my relatives that remained in the homeland when my grandfather and greatgrandparents emigrated to America. This is the bulk of my information as given to me by my mother. According to what was related to her, there was a devastating earthquake in Sicily in or around 1906 which also hit the region of Reggio Di Calabria heavily. My ancestors family took many losses in the calamity one of which, my mother says, was my great grandmother's sister. My great grandmother's name was Francesca Putorti (married name, Caracciolo). My great grandfather's name was Bruno. My grandfather's name was Antonio but i knew him by the american translation of Anthony. He was only 11 months when they came to Ellis island in June of 1912. They sailed from the port of Naples on The Luisiana, having traveled from Reggio Calabria and the town of Gallina. My grandfather is gone now as are my great grandparents but I have a strong desire to connect with our family in Italy. I hope that there will be someone out there who has the means to help me. Until then, God Bless.
Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

go to the family history library of the Mormon chuch and rent the microfilm for Gallina where all the civil records dating back to 1810 are located and you can review them for family connections. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surnames Caracciolo and Putorti

Post by suanj »

funygirl38 wrote:Hello to everyone,

I am searching for my relatives that remained in the homeland when my grandfather and greatgrandparents emigrated to America. This is the bulk of my information as given to me by my mother. According to what was related to her, there was a devastating earthquake in Sicily in or around 1906 which also hit the region of Reggio Di Calabria heavily. My ancestors family took many losses in the calamity one of which, my mother says, was my great grandmother's sister. My great grandmother's name was Francesca Putorti (married name, Caracciolo). My great grandfather's name was Bruno. My grandfather's name was Antonio but i knew him by the american translation of Anthony. He was only 11 months when they came to Ellis island in June of 1912. They sailed from the port of Naples on The Luisiana, having traveled from Reggio Calabria and the town of Gallina. My grandfather is gone now as are my great grandparents but I have a strong desire to connect with our family in Italy. I hope that there will be someone out there who has the means to help me. Until then, God Bless.
Debbie
Hi: earthquake in Sicily it happened hours 5 A.M.20 minutes and 27 seconds of 28 December 1908. it was hit Messina town (in Sicily)and it was transmitted through the sea arriving until to Reggio Calabria (Calabria)..this surname in Sicily is Putorti, in Calabria is PUTORTI'(final accent ) : Gallina not is a town, but a fraction Reggio Calabria town, situed a sud-est near Messina coast: is very diffused in all Reggio Calabria (Calabria region): 120 persons Putorti'
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... ia&x=0&y=0

regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Interestingly enough although there are 120 Putorti surnames ion Reggio Calabria and none in the Gallina suburb there are two Caracciolo persons in Gallina and if you go to www.paginebainche.it and put in Caracciolo in the first line and Gallina in the thrid line and click ZCERCA, the two surnames will come up with fuill name and address and their telephone numbers. They are most like your relatives so why noit write to them. Peter