Liste di Leva?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Liste di Leva?

Postby lilbees » 28 Apr 2009, 15:32

If an individual left their comune of birth and moved to another comune out of the Province prior to reaching draft registration age, would I write to the other Province to locate their draft/military record?

Their original Province was Salerno and their are no registration records there for any of them. I would need to know what military district I would write to in and around Naples. Castlelammare di Stabia in particular.

Thanks for any information.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

Romano1970
Master
Master

Re: Liste di Leva?

Postby Romano1970 » 11 May 2009, 12:34

Hello Lillbees. I would try both of the towns just be be sure.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 11 May 2009, 12:43

Thank you so much Michael. Will write to both.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

Romano1970
Master
Master

Postby Romano1970 » 11 May 2009, 13:43

I am actually looking for my Grandfathers information as well. I have a picture of him in the military posted on another post named "Help with Uniform" go check it out if you want to.

This part of the research is verytime consuming. Since the information has to come from Italy. But soooo worth it
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 11 May 2009, 18:58

just a quick question, what is the age that one had to register for the drafts in italy?

thanks!!!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 11 May 2009, 19:09

18 was the draft age. I found they used the civil records to determine when a youth was eligible for the draft. I believe it started about 1865 in most areas. I have a listing from the archives showing birth dates ranging from 1842 thru 1872 for the surname I was researching in that particular military district in that Province.

I don't know if it would be the same all over.

lilbees

Return to “Italian Genealogy”