Ascoli' Family from Siano, Salerno Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lascoli

Ascoli' Family from Siano, Salerno Italy

Postby lascoli » 03 May 2009, 20:43

I am trying to determine how long my family "Ascoli Family " has lived in Siano, Salerno Italy. My grandfather ' Carmino Ascoli ' immigrated to the US in the early 1900s. I belive his father's name was Jacimo. My grandmother's maiden name was Louise Pesce, also from Siano, her father's name was Amadio Pesce, her mother's maiden name was D' Ascoli(differnt family according my father).

A lot of the Ascoli famlily moved to Pinerolo outside of Turin after WWII. I visited them once in the 1988 when I was stationed in Germany. I have lost contact with them since then.

Most of my older relatives in and around Boston , MA have passed away. I have lived in WA State for a numbe rof years, so it is very to difficult to find any information about my familiy's origins I received a picture from relatives in Pinerolo, that displays our family's coat of arms. It is very diificult to read the text, I am trying to clean it up. I believe I see the date 1670, and I think I see the date 209.

Any information would be most welcomed. Grazie

apesce65
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ascoli' Family from Siano, Salerno Italy

Postby apesce65 » 20 Mar 2011, 16:58

We have the same family, Luigi Pesce, Amadio and Maria's oldest son is my grandfather. It would be great to talk with you.

Anthony Pesce

lascoli

Re: Ascoli' Family from Siano, Salerno Italy

Postby lascoli » 11 Jun 2011, 17:09

Hi Anthony

Hey Anthony
You can contact me at 'na_primus_pilus@hotmail.com', Shoot me an email and we can exchange phone numbers. My Dad passed away about 10 years ago, but I remember him talking about Uncle Louie, my Grandmother Luisa's brother. I never met your grandfather, but grew up with a lot of his siblings , Ned , Dominic, Anna, Nicola, and Jerry. My parents had me when they were in their forties, and their aunts and uncles were much older, but I remember all of them. I hope to hear from you.

Regards

Lou

na_primus_pilus@hotmail.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”