Cellini, Tiberi, Caruso, Gentile, DiBiase, DelBoccio(Raiano)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NLC

Cellini, Tiberi, Caruso, Gentile, DiBiase, DelBoccio(Raiano)

Post by NLC »

My family is from Raiano, L'Aquila, Abruzzi, Italy. I sent to the town for a "stato di famiglia" on my family on August 1, 2003. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Does anybody know how long I should wait for a response? I have never sent for records in Italy before. Thanks. Nicole
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

It usually takes 6-8 weeks. Did you send a form letter in italian, $5.00 and a return envelope???peter
NLC

Post by NLC »

I sent the letter in Italian with $10 U.S. and reply coupons so they could buy italian stamps to return the document to me. Should I send a letter asking about the previous letter now?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes it is overdue and send a copy of your second request to the Mayor Mr. Enio Mastrangioli with a cover letter asking him to intervene and include two dollars for "postage" so he gets the idea. Send a duplicate request to the Ufficio di Stato Civile telling them that it has been almost 4 months and you want this before christmas. Tell them you sent $2.00 to the mayor to pay for the postage. Peter
NLC

Letter to mayor

Post by NLC »

Do you know how I can find the mayor's address? How did you find out his name? Please let me know if there's some trick to finding out this information. It took me a long time to figure out the address to the Ufficio di Stato Civile di Raiano as it is. Thanks. Nicole
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.comuni.it and insert Raiano in the right side and click Raiano when it comes up again and there you can see the Sindaco (Mayors name) and therre is a space for writing to the town by e-mail. As for the address use the same address as the Ufficio di Stato Civile for Raiano just replace it with the Mayor name. all else is the same. Peter