DiMatteo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cjdelgross

DiMatteo

Postby cjdelgross » 09 May 2009, 15:54

My name is Christopher DelGross and I am trying to find out some information about the DiMatteo family from Civitanova del Sannio. If anyone has any information for that family name please contact me at cjdel1 @ comcast.net.

thanks

Christopher DelGross

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: DiMatteo

Postby liviomoreno » 09 May 2009, 16:22

Posting the same message with 2 different titles (DiMatteo and Civitanova del Sannio) and in 2 different sections (Italian Genealogy and Locations in Italy) of the same forum does not increase the chance to get a positive answer...

Civitanova del Sannio is a small village ith less than 1000 inhabitants and there are no entries for DiMatteo in the White Pages.

cjdelgross

Postby cjdelgross » 09 May 2009, 16:39

thank you..

Reason I posted in two different forums is that I noticed the CORRECT forum after posting to incorrect forum. I was not able to delete previous entry so I left it as it was.

Thank you for the information on Civitanova del Sannio. There was another village over the mountians close by called Chiauci, are there any DiMatteo's from that village (even smaller than Civitanova) in the White Pages?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 09 May 2009, 16:56

There are 5 entries for Di Matteo in Chiauci. The addresses are available here.
You may want to write those people to seek for potential relatives. A sample letter in Italian can be found at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello_italy-letter.html.

cjdelgross

Postby cjdelgross » 09 May 2009, 17:01

Great thanks for the information!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”